Thread: Mirc & Bwt / Bwi / Bws Files

Please can anyone help me, I have used Kazza for a while now but im new to IRC Networks and TORRENT Files.

MIRC - I have followed the guide to use MIRC for downloading that has been posted on this forum, and everything works fine (very helpful) except i dont ever get a message to accept the download? i have'nt actually downloaded anything yet?!

TORRENT - I have been using SHAREAZA and searching for torrents on the search engines. This works fine and i have downloaded 'Battlefield' (game) it was 1.7Gb but all the files are in BWT, BWS, BWI!, what do i do with these!!

Thanks for your time

Tom

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    those are blind rite files, but you don't have to burn them, you can mount them with daemon tools
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php

1. Install Daemon Tools
    2. On the bottom of your screen there is little icon of Daemon Tools, click it.
    3. Click on "Device 0: [H:] No media" (H could also be another letter) and a window pops up.
    4. Select the image file you want to load and click on open it will load like you burned it

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    You must get some kind of message. It should say something like "Someone was trying to send a file and it has been denied". Follow the instructions one more time and if it doesnt work, post a reply in the "Noob IRC guide"

Edit: After opening a channel you press Ctrl+v to paste the command.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have got abit further with the downloading on MIRC but now i get this message after i have chosen where to save the file

-DOX-050- *** Sending you pack #18 ("Jetfighter.V.NoCD-BAT.tar"), which is 700KB (resume supported)
    -DOX-050- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)
    -DOX-050- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (90 seconds remaining until timeout)

Thanks

Tom

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    That means you client isnt set to recieive files. That's is what you mostly get when you dont set the right options.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by tomomac33@2 December 2003 - 16:06
    I have got abit further with the downloading on MIRC but now i get this message after i have chosen where to save the file

-DOX-050- *** Sending you pack #18 ("Jetfighter.V.NoCD-BAT.tar"), which is 700KB (resume supported)
    -DOX-050- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)
    -DOX-050- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (90 seconds remaining until timeout)

Thanks

Tom
    ultimatejester is right. That means mIRC isn't set to accept files. If you set the mIRC options correctly, you shouldn't get that message. Check the Noob IRC Help topic, and follow the steps very carefully. Make sure ignore is disabled and everything.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    under options select the one called dcc and put on auto get then whenever you request a file and they send it it will pop up with a window saying what to save it as

i had to figure that out for mysefl a while ago but now everyone here is getting into ir so i can finally be of some help try that it should work

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    try downloading small files with open slots to see if everything is set right (I know you are probaly doing that already)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    If you still have trouble....

Go into #klchat... and they'll help you set it up for DCC accept/auto accept etc.

If there are no ops there, i'll be in most of tomorrow...just shout.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will