Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Registry

is it ok to go into the system registry (regedit), and delete the stuff in there that i dont need, or have already deleted, because i noticed i had alot of programs such as kazaa media desktop, in there that i know i have no use for.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by morpheus 1.0@3 December 2003 - 07:38
    is it ok to go into the system registry (regedit), and delete the stuff in there that i dont need, or have already deleted, because i noticed i had alot of programs such as kazaa media desktop, in there that i know i have no use for.
    Make sure you have a back up first before you delete stuffs unneeded.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    How about using a smart registry cleaner. Check the values and path before deleting the keys.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by camille+2 December 2003 - 23:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (camille @ 2 December 2003 - 23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-morpheus 1.0@3 December 2003 - 07:38
    Make sure you have a back up first before you delete stuffs unneeded. [/b][/quote]
    is that a yes or no?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Check the board FAQ for instructions on how to remove spyware (KMD). Do not delete registry entries unless you know what you&#39;re doing.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@2 December 2003 - 23:45
    Check the board FAQ for instructions on how to remove spyware (KMD). Do not delete registry entries unless you know what you&#39;re doing.
    i have adaware, its not spyware i&#39;m worried about

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok... does ne body know any good (safe) programs that delete all unnecessary entries?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    A lot of people use system mechanic pro.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    System mechanic is a good tool. There are many out there such as regcleaner etc.
    Go to webattack.com and search for "Clean up registry" or "fix registry." Or just search on google and if you find a good one just search its name on kazaa. Fosi might have it i havent checked.

Don&#39;t delete the entries just like that. You may never know which entries are linked. So dont do anything with registry unless you really know what you are doing.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I suggest using ace utilities, you can get a trial version of it at http://download.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast