Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And What About North Korea?

Logan-Grimnar's Avatar Poster
    Ok...I Myself DON'T want a war at any cause...against North Korea..
    To tell you guys the truth North Korea has enough power to finish off South Korea in about an hour...
    They use all their food and money on military which is why their people are starving to death...

Heck, if the war goes long enough I might be forced to go to war, cause in here, you don't choose to go to military services, you HAVE to for 2 years.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Forum Star
    The US plans on beefing up forces here during any conflict with Iraq. Just as a deterent to any ideas by North Korea to take advantage of the situation. A Carrier is supposed to be parked off the coast soon, along with additional fighters and recon aircraft moved from Japan to bases here. B-52s and B-1 bombers are supposed to be stationed in Guam to support the forces in korea, as well.

However, strictly by the numbers, the US presence is strictly a deterent. I think the strength of an army of a million starving soldiers might be overrated, though. Remember Iraq had the fourth largest army in the world prior to the Gulf War, and their performance wasn't all that great.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    hmmm...all that moving forces by U.S. is alerting the North Koreans...
    I don't know what to think anymore, if you do this this will happen, if you do that that will happen...

Will there ever be a world without war?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Forum Star
    Another interesting note, the present plans are to have an overall decrease in the US presence in South Korea following any war with Iraq.

So either the Bush administration has faith in the lack of substance in North Korean threats. Or they're just willing to let South Korea handle any attack on their own. Or Bush and his administration just might be idiots and don't know what they're doing. Take your pick.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster

6. Lounge   -   #16
    maximboy99
    I dont want war, but I dont want Iraq building WMD even more. Jetje you underestimate American willpower and how we are deadly serious about terrorism and regimes that support it in any way. Here let me pose to you a question this way: What should Americans do? Sit Idly by as another regime, which threatens peace in the world as we know it, grows in power? If you think a war with Iraq tomorrow is bad, think 100xs as bad a few years from now. Its time to stop backing down, or all of us are going to end up in whole new world, where the evil men threaten the peaceful ones, and the peaceful ones give in. You ever heard of appeasement? Thats the only solution you offer. It failed 50 years ago, its failing again.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Well...U.S. is practically alone in this war against Iraq...no UN, no NATO....
    I just hope Bush changes his mind, which I doubt...

Biggest problem over here in S Korea is that the Koreans are believing that the North Koreans won't strike their own blood brothers...which is a big mistake! The reason for their military training for 40 years was to take over S Korea, and now a lot of S Koreans don't believe they'll attack us...

8. Lounge   -   #18
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Japan, Korea, vietnam. Hell we'll go back to the Phillipines even.

It is a widely held belief in these parts that Asians are the fiercest fighters in the world, and I do not think we are itching to get into another conflict in the far east.

Iraq (part 1) and Afghanistan pretty much just laid down, while every Asian conflict we have been in has amounted to severe casualties.

Just something to think about.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Afganistan hasn't quite laid down. I think we are just hearing less from the media. The Afgans are rather fierce in their own right (ask the former Soviet Union).

10. Lounge   -   #20
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I am going to resist the temptation to make any snide comment about the Russians in battle.

Lemme ask something here, does EVERYBODY fell like they have to make a defensive statement? C'MON!! It is the truth that the hardest wars fought by the US were in Asia okay?

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast