Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nero 6 Encoding Speed

Hey gang any ideas in how to speedup my encoding process with nero 6
    I'm trying to make a vcd with my cdrw/dvd player NOT burner in other words
    am not using a dvd burner, just my factory cdrw/dvd in my p4 laptop with xp pro

any tweaks to make this process faster.
    another question what is the average time to encoding a movie.

Thank you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    first of all, instead of nero to do the encoding, use tmpgenc.

what are you converting from? AVI?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I'm a newbie in makig vcd, I just dl Chainsaw Massacre from kazza and it reads dvix and it looks crystal clear I've dl other fomats before and they dont look as good as divx.
    to anwser your question i dont know what am converting but if you suggest
    tmpgenc is faster to do the encoding where do I download such thing o what is the name of a program the has tmpgenc.

thank you again

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    you can download tmpgenc from here.

when it first starts, the wizard should popup. if it doesn't, go to File>Project Wizard

chose VideoCD NTSC from the left. just follow the easy steps. you don't need to put in a audio source since the audio is in the video file. leave most of the options the way they are except for the CD size. if you are using 74 min cds then choose 74. 80 min cds are most common.

with any luck you should be well on your way to having your vcd

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    If you want to use nero, use the image drive and encode to it first. Then copy the AVSEQ01.DAT from the MPEGAV folder and rename it (movie).mpg

Cut that in two with tmpg and burn it as a vcd with nero. You may need to equalize the audio and boost it about 40% using tmpg but the audio will be in sync. It's fast and pretty failsafe but not collector quality. If you just wanna watch a movie fast without a lot of bullshit, give it a try. Should take less than 2 hours for the whole process.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks balamm will try that. (I hope is faster than dragingit)

Hey quick silver the programs is awsome and very easy to use, I also try alcohol120% wich I was told is pretty good, but unfortunally with both of this program when I either drag or try to open the file is giving an error that reads
    as follow
    chainsaw massacre.avi" ca not open, or unsupported.

I guess i better do a little reading on the different formats they make movies?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    OK this is what I found in a website, what seems to be my problem.
    TMPGEnc can not read AVI file with DV format.
    The file is probably Type-1 DV format. The format is not supported by TMPGEnc. Type-1format has different structure from AVI format. TMPGEnc can not read the format since TMPGEnc does not support DirectShow.
    To solve this matter, try to save the captured or edited file as Type-2 DV format, however, there are still chance not to be able to read the file if you are using general IEEE1394 board without codec for VFW.

What does this mean ?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    OK guys just want it to say thanks something as simple as downloading the nimo codepack wich I didnt have solve all my problems.
    thanks

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2
    nimo = a bad time
    delete that ans just get the klite pack, lots of old codecs that caused lots of headache's over the years, and lots of people have put virus/trojans in the nimo, so make sure you scan for virus/spyware

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by pingus@2 December 2003 - 21:54
    OK this is what I found in a website, what seems to be my problem.
    TMPGEnc can not read AVI file with DV format.
    The file is probably Type-1 DV format. The format is not supported by TMPGEnc. Type-1format has different structure from AVI format. TMPGEnc can not read the format since TMPGEnc does not support DirectShow.
    To solve this matter, try to save the captured or edited file as Type-2 DV format, however, there are still chance not to be able to read the file if you are using general IEEE1394 board without codec for VFW.

What does this mean ?
    it seems that someone used a digital camera to capture the movie. the new sony cameras save in DV format which you can connect to your computer through the IEEE 1394 port (AKA firewire).

I've also seen the DV format when saving a movie after using Adobe Premiere.

You have to find a way to decompress the video before using tmpgenc. look on the internet for something like "DV to AVI".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast