Thread: Why Dont Racing Car Games Have A Clutch

I was thinking, wouldnt it be cool to have a clutch in some racing car games like nfs underground ??

It would be so cool with steering wheel and pedals.

Also what pisses me of is that you can only have gear up and gear down. It would be so cool if you can asign a button for each gear!!

It would rule with a steering wheel pedals and shifter !!!

Be really cool for the drag racing mode in nfs underground and the drift races.

2. Games   -   #2
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    lol ther is a game its pretty good its very realistic its called live for speed

i think the website is http://www.liveforspeed.net

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Games   -   #3
    Hey thanks for that link. This game looks really good

so what do you guys think ?? why dont most games have a clutch and propper gear changes ??

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Their is heaps of games that can be played with a steering wheel and gear stick you just have to buy it and the game needs to be compatiable. Well I don't think the clutch needs to be added because it would be making it too realistic I mean people want to have fun playing a game not just driving normally. Also a lot of kids would learn how to drive properley through this game and might end up trying to drive a real car thinking it's just a game then bang just one crash could be the end of the childs life and others.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Ma5t3rM1nD@3 December 2003 - 04:03
    Also a lot of kids would learn how to drive properley through this game and might end up trying to drive a real car thinking it's just a game then bang just one crash could be the end of the childs life and others.
    Well it is easier to drive an automatic than a manual so i dont get your point.

6. Games   -   #6
    I havn't been keeping up with the latest in steering wheels for games, but i remember my old mad cat had a clutch. Personally, it would just be an annoyance to have it on the keyboard... so i can understand why its unpopular.

7. Games   -   #7
    Twist3r
    project gothem racing has a clutch

8. Games   -   #8

9. Games   -   #9
    project gothem racing
    Any other games/sims that use a clutch?
    If i had the money, I'd get one of them dealies.
    Looks like if you buy that one posted above, it has software that ships with it that enables many games to use a clutch pedal.