Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Working

hey, i'm looking for a job right now and i've been looking for a LONG TIME and they keep fucking giving me bullshit about how they already have enough workers and how they're on a freeze, but then a few weeks later, i end up seeing some new people that i've never seen before, so i think they're hating on me cuz i don't have any experience or something...how or when do you guys usually apply for jobs for like the winter or summer breaks? is it too late? and when it comes to interviews, how do you dress and how do you know how to answer those fuckin questions so that it looks good on ya......any experienced people , can you guys fill me in on this......cuz i'm still looking but i'm not getting any calls and it's pissin me off seeing everyone else get a job except for me.....i've been going around malls and drug stores applying......no calls though....since summer......and like, i don't wanna work at fast food cuz it sucks.......and it makes you look bad.....

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    which type of job do you want?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    im the master...ive been offered jobs at the interviews 3times now outta the last 4.....always wear ashirt and tie...u might think u look like a knob but if ur the only one then u leave an impression....make sure u say a few things such as "im a good communicator", "hard working" and "i use my own initiative"...things like that

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    my only downfall is i am a perfectionist is a good one.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i went to a job interview once where they asked me
    "if you found out senior members of the company where stealing would you report it"

I said "yes".

I didnt get the job

6. Lounge   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    the problem this time of year is everyones working for christmas

7. Lounge   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    if you apply for a job at mickyDs. make sure you answer every question "tell the shift manager". even your name is tell the shift manager. youre garunteed the job.

i didnt get a job their once. in the interview the dude said to me "so what research have you done into mcdonalds" i frowned then looked down at the table. he then said "if im gonna hire people i want to know what effort theyve put into getting the job" another 20 seconds went by, i looked up and said "i dunno, its just fuckin mcdonalds innit"

he sent me down the road to glasshaughton, i did shit loads of research but that interview went pretty much like this:
    dude: hello
    me: hello
    (handshake)
    dude: im some guy, who are you?
    me: im dave
    dude: what would you say if i offered you the job?
    me: i'd say thanks
    dude: youve got the job
    me: thanks

i was so pissed off i wasted all that time researching for no reason.
    i quit 3 weeks later

8. Lounge   -   #8
    well....the thing is that i'm willing to work ANYWHERE EXCEPT for fast food restaurants.....last summer, i got 3 interviews and 2 phone call rejections and a rejection letter from a security place i tried to get into.. but yeah, they all seemed to ask the same type of questions... 1) why do you want to work here, why here? 2) what good do you think you'd bring to our sompany 3) if you were in "so and so" situation, how would you handle it? and i always blank out and get stumped by these questions.......like for the first question, can i simply say, that "i need a job so that i can pay off my school bills", i mean, is that exceptable..? actually the thing is that getting an interview is an achievement, but before that, just going from filling out an application and turning one in to get an interview, is that just out of luck, or is there some method of getting into it?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@30 November 2003 - 04:40
    well....the thing is that i'm willing to work ANYWHERE EXCEPT for fast food restaurants.....last summer, i got 3 interviews and 2 phone call rejections and a rejection letter from a security place i tried to get into..   but yeah, they all seemed to ask the same type of questions... 1) why do you want to work here, why here?  2) what good do you think you'd bring to our sompany 3) if you were in "so and so" situation, how would you handle it?  and i always blank out and get stumped by these questions.......like for the first question, can i simply say, that "i need a job so that i can pay off my school bills", i mean, is that exceptable..?  actually the thing is that getting an interview is an achievement, but before that, just going from filling out an application and turning one in to get an interview, is that just out of luck, or is there some method of getting into it?
    you have a car???

10. Lounge   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i know catering the shittest jobs in the world. thats why we have to do it. and dont be nervous, just tell the shift manager

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast