Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is The Network That Infected Or Is It Me?

Originally posted by 2ndmouse@3 December 2003 - 04:30
    its a real pain, I mean 9 out of 10 files from music to video are worms, according to NAV
    didn't know i was possible to insert virii into mp3's
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+3 December 2003 - 10:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 3 December 2003 - 10:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rock Tonic Juice Magic@3 December 2003 - 02:33
    bla bla loser who will crash and burn for being such dumbass bla bla
    for all of you that ask why are there so many virus on klite,,, here is you answer [/b][/quote]
    you&#39;re right, he is the smoking gun

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by 2ndmouse
    the worm is loaded before the file share connection is even made. you would think then the worm was there before anyway but norton scans and it isnt.
    did you already tried an online scan? because if you have an infected system it could be possible the viri is active before NAV even is loaded and therefor won&#39;t recognize it. Just an idea...
    Also remember AV progs most times Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder &#33; read an article about that here @ microsoft support so after the removal empty your trash can

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    ok update.. fixed but i dunno why.

i scanned all my shared files... clean by NAv standards.
    I got a copy of antitrojan 5.5... everything clean.

I read after long hours of picking here someone said remove all the shared files and then try to see if it (another problem in that post thread) would fix it so I thought hey... why the heck not.

that fixed it. I no longer get those repeated worm virus warnings.
    now I spacificly scanned for viruses, and since NAV catches that worm i spoke of before....

I put them all back,and suprise, it still works fine. now WHY did the act of just moving all the shared files out of the folder, restarting the program, then putting all the files back fix this problem? if it was a dirty file wouldnt it STILL be in that folder???

I hate it when ya fix a problem but ccant figure out why the cure worked.. any ideas?

I&#39;ll chalk it up as a random windows weirdness outburst. I&#39;m getting nused to those.

if moving the shared files and putting them back fixed my problem and another totally different problem... ahhh forget it.

thanks for the help..

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    after moving them to a temp folder and scanning them did your av find anything??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12