Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping The Fast User

BANNED
    Originally posted by Broken@3 December 2003 - 05:42
    i geuss it should be, just let the one guy upload it.
    however, if you read the whole thing.
    can't let one word through you, got to read the whole thing.
    at any rate, the question was answered.
    i did read the whole thing and at the end he says "My quetion is once i find someone who dload speed i like is there anyway to stop kazaa from breaking up the file and just let the one guy download it?"

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Old Fella
    Hate to but in you too but it doesn't really mater now does it. It could be read either way from what I can see as downloads do break up as you get more users to download from.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    i'm very sorry for the confusion but i'm not very smart. I was talking about when i am downbloading a file. The file is divded up into chunks so i am downloading from multiple people. Some people are slow and i cant loose them so would like to be able to drop them and download from a faster host, is this popssible?

Secondly once i find that fast host is there a way to prevent the file from splitting so i can keep the fast host.

I know that it could have been interpreted as uploading since i cant talk or type apparently but it was ment for when i was downloading. WHen a 56ker starts a dl from me i just watch a movie or something. B)

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    just because your wording is a little funny....
    everything you are talking about here is about stuff in the download part of the screen (top) and not the upload (lower), and your not talking about canceling the uploads from you (lower).

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    after u get that "fast user", goto k+++ advanced options, and change the maximum sources per file to "1".

(if that what ur talking about)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Good tip morpheus, but even if u have slow users and a fast user it shouldnt slow the fast users speed when u have slower users as well.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    ya i know, but i guess this guy thinks it does

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    no my problem is that once the file gets divided into chunks and the fast user finishes his chunk often i loose him after that. I'll try to max sources thanks.

On the same note, is there a way to shift through thew source. like a file has 30 sources for exmple and i am stcuk with 2 of them going at 1.3kbs btw my max sourrces per dload is 200. Any help is greatly appreciated.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Mr_Naughty@4 December 2003 - 01:38

On the same note, is there a way to shift through thew source.
    no

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    ok now I get u bud, so just change it from 200 to 1 when u next find this fast user.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast