Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping The Fast User

When i am downloading a large file often i will have a user downloading at lets say 70kbs. Then automaticaly more users apper and break up the file so all the users can download chunks of it. Well the guy downloading at 70kbs isn't downloading as much anymore and when he finishes his chunk i often lose him.

Also kind of like the opposite, is there any way to drop slow users when kazaa divides the file into chuncks. I try pausing and jumping but the slow .75kb users just keep sticking around and i'm on cable. SO i guess my questions are, is there anyway to keep the fast user once i stuble upon him and is there anyway to drop a slow user once i am stuck with them?

My quetion is once i find someone who dload speed i like is there anyway to stop kazaa from breaking up the file and just let the one guy download it?

Thanks for any help in advance, sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    if there is a way to latch to one user, unless they are the only one sharing the file, i don't know... i don't think there is. however, this would not be in your best intrest anyways. the more sources the faster the download because they are all transfering the file to you. if you do not connect to a user again it is possible that they have turned kazaa off, or possiblly jumped supernodes.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Mr_Naughty@3 December 2003 - 03:47
    When i am downloading a large file often i will have a user downloading at lets say 70kbs. Then automaticaly more users apper and break up the file so all the users can download chunks of it. Well the guy downloading at 70kbs isn't downloading as much anymore and when he finishes his chunk i often lose him.

Also kind of like the opposite, is there any way to drop slow users when kazaa divides the file into chuncks. I try pausing and jumping but the slow .75kb users just keep sticking around and i'm on cable. SO i guess my questions are, is there anyway to keep the fast user once i stuble upon him and is there anyway to drop a slow user once i am stuck with them?

My quetion is once i find someone who dload speed i like is there anyway to stop kazaa from breaking up the file and just let the one guy download it?

Thanks for any help in advance, sorry if this is a stupid question.
    man let people download, who knows why the other guy is slow, he could be 56k, he could be at the end of the file, etc. please don't do stuff like that, you are just hearting the network, we are here to share so share, if you wanna be like that then upload to 4 or 2 people at a time, which is not cool but go ahead, just please don't cut people off

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    wasn't wanting to cut poblem off from uploading. wanting to cut sources on his download in hopes of picking up a faster user.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Broken@3 December 2003 - 05:01
    wasn't wanting to cut poblem off from uploading.  wanting to cut sources on his download in hopes of picking up a faster user.
    read again its an "upload" question, don't let all the download words fool you

Mr_Naughty

6. File Sharing   -   #6

wanted to know if there was a way to stop kazaa from taking the file he was downloading a splitting it up among differnt users. wanted to force a download form a single highspeed user.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Broken@3 December 2003 - 05:18

wanted to know if there was a way to stop kazaa from taking the file he was downloading a splitting it up among differnt users. wanted to force a download form a single highspeed user.
    welll then perhaps he needs to ask about downlaod then because this is not a question about download

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Mr_Naughty@3 December 2003 - 07:47
    When i am downloading...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Mr_Naughty@3 December 2003 - 03:47

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i geuss it should be, just let the one guy upload it.
    however, if you read the whole thing.
    can't let one word through you, got to read the whole thing.
    at any rate, the question was answered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast