Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: IPT Invite

  1. #1
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    528
    Been out of the loop for quite a long time. Haven't been a part of the torrenting community for quite some time, I used to be a member of (ScT, CZone, Sharereactor (God I'm old), Filelist) and I hear IPT is good to get started on again.

    I would be grateful for an invite if anyone has one to spare.

  2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Welcome back. Send me your email in private please.

  3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    No, give it to me and I'll send you two invites!

    By the way, I was a member on all the places you mentioned. What happened to CZone/CZTeam? They just disappeared one day...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Some proper trackers (specially Romanians) just go shutdown. I was member of CZTeam and one day it's down and never came back up again. Lasttorrents was extremely good tracker (specially some software releases like official Windows ISOs uploaded regularly) and one day it went down.

  5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    Lasttorrents
    Oh, I remember LT and their dice logo. TorrentBits.ro was another good one, their banner had a mouse holding a slice of cheese. At least we still have FL.io
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by illusive View Post
    Lasttorrents
    Oh, I remember LT and their dice logo. TorrentBits.ro was another good one, their banner had a mouse holding a slice of cheese. At least we still have FL.io
    That logo stuck there for too long. I liked LT. FL.io is the best now imho !
    Last edited by anon; 02-22-2021 at 06:19 AM. Reason: See https://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=474644

  7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Lucifer9999's Avatar torrentdevil BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Timişoara
    Age
    36
    Posts
    509
    Plus RSR, iPlay, Extremeshare, SceneFZ, all excellent Romanian trackers, all gone First name of Lasttorrents was Bittorrents (different from Torrentbits..) Yeah, old days now!! Beside Filelist, only Xtremeshare remained, now known as Speedapp.io ))
    "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is progress!"

  8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    528
    Thanks @illusive and @anon, I'll reach out privately just to one of you, I don't need 3 invites

    CZTeam was an interesting operation, they were an ISP in Romania and also offering a tracker on the side. I was amazed it lasted as long as it did, until the legislation about digital rights caught up in the country. ShareReactor gave an announcement about 2-4 weeks before they closed (IIRC) that they had to shut down and then disappeared.

    It's pretty nostalgic thinking back about how much of a time sink these communities were and how revolutionary the experience was. I find it hard to get that same feeling again nowadays, maybe I'm just getting old

  9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer9999 View Post
    Plus RSR, iPlay, Extremeshare, SceneFZ, all excellent Romanian trackers, all gone
    I was on most of them at some point, due to open signups. iPlay was the exception, but I had the opportunity to check them out with someone else's account. Good place on their own right, but so were the alternatives.

    I remember LT's renaming, it happened around 2009? As you suggested, the previous name was too generic. I also remember SceneFZ, their black and blue layout, and how they explicitly disallowed cross-seeding from other trackers, which may have been a good thing: too much cross-seeding harms the site economy. As for iPlay, apparently their sister site for metal music lives on And don't forget FreshOn.TV, previously TV.Torrents.RO.

    Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    CZTeam was an interesting operation, they were an ISP in Romania and also offering a tracker on the side.
    I had no idea about this, and am very surprised to learn it. It's very rare for ISPs to do anything that may be seen as remotely supporting P2P filesharing, due to the associated high traffic volumes and copyright issues. Even stuff like BEP-0022 and eMule's WebCache were mostly a failure, despite the fact they were meant to help providers by cutting down on external bandwidth.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

  10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    CZTeam was an interesting operation, they were an ISP in Romania and also offering a tracker on the side.
    I had no idea about this, and am very surprised to learn it. It's very rare for ISPs to do anything that may be seen as remotely supporting P2P filesharing, due to the associated high traffic volumes and copyright issues. Even stuff like BEP-0022 and eMule's WebCache were mostly a failure, despite the fact they were meant to help providers by cutting down on external bandwidth.
    OK now that is something you don't hear everyday !!.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •