Thread: How do I get this trash off my computer?

Long story short I fucked up and downloaded bittorrent when I probably shouldn't have because I didn't think of other options and now my computer is loaded with malware from the installation even though I unchecked everything. My Firefox is messed up, I don't know what to do and I can't even get rid of the shit because it keeps coming back, thanks bittorrent. Any help would be appreciated sorry if this is a dumb post I'm just annoyed at this

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    If you unpack Carrier.exe from the installer, you can have the client without the malware "offers". That would only leave the advertisements, call-homes and sponsored content crap they added throughout the years
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Whatever happened to the good ole' FORMAT C: ???

It seems so underappreciated these days...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You mean FORMAT C: /U /AUTOTEST

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AbuHossam View Post
    Long story short I fucked up and downloaded bittorrent when I probably shouldn't have because I didn't think of other options and now my computer is loaded with malware from the installation even though I unchecked everything. My Firefox is messed up, I don't know what to do and I can't even get rid of the shit because it keeps coming back, thanks bittorrent. Any help would be appreciated sorry if this is a dumb post I'm just annoyed at this
    All need to do is go to start menu > Click settings > Uninstall programs > Bittorrent > Uninstall.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mehak_sharma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuHossam View Post
    All need to do is go to start menu > Click settings > Uninstall programs > Bittorrent > Uninstall.

I normally run an image backup program like Acronis Cyber Protect and I find it easier to just restore my complete system if for any reason things go sideways. You can also use the free tools that come with Windows to restore to a previous backup point.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I use either VMware or Sandboxie depending on the kind of program that must be run. The best solution is having a spare computer with DeepFreeze on it, though. Install, uninstall, break or fix anything you want... after a reboot, everything's back the way it was.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I created a VM on my Synology NAS; the snapshots are very quick to roll-back to. Makes recovering from stupidity very quick. Also makes using time limited trial-ware easy. Revert to snapshot, reinstall.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazindreamr View Post
    Also makes using time limited trial-ware easy. Revert to snapshot, reinstall.
    Clever, although I prefer using Process Monitor to find out where they store the install date and delete it Made the Sandboxie and 2TWare trials last for years that way, when there wasn't a reliable crack...