Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unusually Low Dl Speed

Originally posted by Switeck+5 December 2003 - 03:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck &#064; 5 December 2003 - 03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-54321@3 December 2003 - 13:52
    Using KNAT, and changing supernodes with kazupernode didn&#39;t help, either.
    The WinXP firewall may still be causing problems.

Does it block any OUTGOING connections?

There no known block to klite from newer Kazaa. [/b][/quote]
    WinXP firewall doesn&#39;t have capability to stop outgoing connection (at least in SP1, and I don&#39;t set filtering). I have no third-party firewalls. With TCPView I monitored all connections k-lite made, but couldn&#39;t find nothing unusual.

BTW I browsed this board and found k-lite is almost discontinued, looks like nice timing to switch to other network (for me Shareaza looks promising) anyways thx for advice

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 54321+6 December 2003 - 11:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (54321 @ 6 December 2003 - 11:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 December 2003 - 11:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-54321
    @3 December 2003 - 14:50
    These days I&#39;m getting unusually low DL speed, like around under 1Kb/s, for all files.
    I&#39;m behind router and set forwarded port 5001 for TCP & UDP in router setting, then opened 5001 TCP & UDP in WinXP firewall, then set 5001 for incoming port in klite option. I tried every combination of settings, and reinstall, but nothing changes. I got over 10kb dl for most of files before, so can&#39;t figure out what&#39;s wrong. Any help?

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps
    man read my f@*king post and don&#39;t post the same message blindly to multiple threads [/b][/quote]
    hey stupid do you underestand that you download speed depends on the sources for the file and their upload speed????

how the f*** do you fiqure what the speed is suppose to be for your downloads???

did you figure out something no body else on this board has found out???

learn to understand, i mean are you here to tell us or ask us???

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+7 December 2003 - 12:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 7 December 2003 - 12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 54321@6 December 2003 - 11:56
    <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN
    @4 December 2003 - 11:39

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

man read my f@*king post and don&#39;t post the same message blindly to multiple threads
    hey stupid do you underestand that you download speed depends on the sources for the file and their upload speed????

how the f*** do you fiqure what the speed is suppose to be for your downloads???

did you figure out something no body else on this board has found out???

learn to understand, i mean are you here to tell us or ask us??? [/b][/quote]
    Ha, i don&#39;t ask ppl like *you* I talk to those who can understand my question.
    Well death of k-lite hit the slashdot, so soon this board may disappear, as you do.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    thebiglebowsky
    I&#39;m in the same boat as you, not being able to get good downloads behind my router. I used to pull great bandwidth (shared T1), and can&#39;t figure out what the conflict is between my router (Netgear WGT624) and KLite. Thanks for the tip on ShareZaa - I will check it out.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    For BEST performance using a router with KL++...
    DO NOT USE ip port 1214 for KL++ AND DO NOT USE the 192.168.0.x address space for your LAN&#33;

Use a &#39;random&#39; ip port in KL++ somewhere in the 2000-65535 range (might want to check to see if anything else MIGHT use it online) and port-forward that ip port at your router to your computer.

To change your LAN&#39;s ip, you have to change it on the router and possibly every computer as well. If you leave it to the default 192.168.0.x values, then you will be "DoS attacked" by a bug in Kazaa/KL++ which tries to directly connect to LAN ip addresses if the same range as your (LAN) ip addres range instead of trying to translate or drop LAN ip addresses.

Then get the latest version of KaNAT and have it use ASM mode to autoreplace the LAN ip with the WAN ip every 10 seconds or quicker.

KaNAT can be a real cpu hog if you&#39;re experiencing lots of KL++ made connections per second. (Like lots of downloads with lots of sources or lots of invisible upload requests.)

Even when you&#39;re not using KaNAT your connection will be better than MOST routers.

After doing all this, your connection should NOT be firewalled from KL++&#39;s point of view and you should NOT see red X&#39;s in KL++ searches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12