Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lurkers, post up

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Good gawd why would I want to relive AND remember?? Talk about a curse. Why not throw in, 'and you have to spend it while living with Idol'...
    The idea was learning from history, not repeating it Even though then it wouldn't have happened therefore not becoming history, but you get the idea.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Lounge   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Half the country knew before 2016 that it was going to be a complete clusterfuck. We just didn't know how he would make it happen.

Lesson learned: our way of life will end due to a narcissistic psychopath who is popular with the dumbest 30% and cowardly right wing politicians.

I mean..."antifa".
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    If any one took my advice and pretended there was a Playstation 5 to be somehow won then the place would have been crawling with previous lurkers by now.
    Relax, you'll get your GayStation 5" as soon as a truck full of them dares to drive through my neighborhood
    I have no respect for any company that is too cheap to pay off the local federales.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    It's been a week... Still not quite done with the fallout (power spike took out my computer's power supply; since fcuking DELL is not using standard parts, I have to wait until the end of the week to get a replacement), but at least the lights are on and we got water back last night. Slowly returning to normal.
    Glad to hear that and glad it was "just" the power supply. Perhaps you'll find surge protectors to be a worthy investment after this?
    Hmm... yeah.... or else a inexpensive UPS may be the ticket... UPC UPS, 1500VA UPS Battery Backup perhaps.

(Sez one of a lightning capital states user... I learned. Okay... back to lurking.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-24-2021 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Still... No Thunder.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I got the computer sitting behind an APC UPS that should have protected it from any power surge. All the other equipment that's hooked up to it (Monitor, etc) still work. Not sure what happened here...?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Other brands have perks.

Dell has quirks.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I mean..."antifa".
    And illegal voters.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    I got the computer sitting behind an APC UPS that should have protected it from any power surge. All the other equipment that's hooked up to it (Monitor, etc) still work. Not sure what happened here...?
    Either the UPS is very good and just saved you from a major frying with minimal damage, or it sucks and you also had luck on the side.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    FST Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    @Cab... nice to see that hat again.
    It's been a week... Still not quite done with the fallout (power spike took out my computer's power supply; since fcuking DELL is not using standard parts, I have to wait until the end of the week to get a replacement), but at least the lights are on and we got water back last night. Slowly returning to normal.
    Dell have always been proprietary as far back as I can remember. Pretty sure that's where Apple learnt it from.
    Time to build your own rig Caballero.

Meaning get your ass back in the game, my mouse finger is getting tired.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    I used to build my own systems, but when the last one died on me (don't even remember what happened) I had an immediate replacement need and no time to scope out specs. So off to Costco I went, and in all fairness the system is doing what it needs to be doing (I don't play these fancy modern games anymore, so I am not too fussed about all the latest graphic cards and overclocking and whatnot). The price was right at the time.

Best case scenario -- I'll be back in NZB-posting mode in about 48 hours.

And thanks again for your support.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast