Thread: Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

Retired
    I just downloaded Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,

Installed it... GAME won't RUN
    Found out Geforce 4 MX is NOT supported with this game...

I would like to ask, as a veteran POP player and as a one who likes the series and unfortunately has a Geforce 4 MX card on the PC, if there will be patches which will make the game work with this card or should I give up on it?

not very likely as it doesn't support the shading etc.

Just to inform you all

{I}{K}{E}

(srry I did not post hashes, me was mad so I deleted the .bins)

2. Games   -   #2
    Retired
    *BUMP

3. Games   -   #3
    Yes, very annoying. It also seems that this is becoming kind of common amongst the newer games which use higher versions of pixel shading, which the geforce 4 mx series obviously does not support. Hopefully we'll see less games take this pattern as the GF4MX was a very popular set of cards.

4. Games   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Whew, glad I bought the PS2 version for James.. his comp is slow anyways. btw hope he dont use these boards or he'll know his present.. hehe

5. Games   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Ah yea, I should get this game then. I have an old geforce 2 mx, and every game I´ve installed have run fine so far. So... yea Prince of percia for chistmas then

<- Confident mofo

6. Games   -   #6
    barky this game&#39;s mini requirement is gefore 3 ti and radeon 8500, man that gf2 probably won&#39;t even start the game, you should get a gf5700 or radeon9600 for xmas instead

7. Games   -   #7
    The geforce 2 mx won&#39;t run it aswell. I have a geforce 4 mx, but i&#39;m upgrading to a radeon 9600 XT (or better, depending on pricing when i buy it) in late january so thats when i will be starting to download things again.

I really am starting to feel my good old pc have difficulties running newer games even at lower settings, so i&#39;m going to wait until an upgrade so i can experience games the way theyre meant to be played.

8. Games   -   #8
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Yea I know, it was a joke

But so far all the new games have run pretty much ok with decent graphics, but yea it might be time to upgrade soon.

9. Games   -   #9
    dont worry.

my FX5200 runs it fine.

the game sucks.

WAY too much jumoing from pole to pole.

combat is boring and repetative and you will die oftenly and have to restart the whole f*cking level again.

this game is about as fun as a obese man jumping on your balls.