Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My Full Review On Www.anonx.com

My issues...

IRC - Can't Upload.
    EMule - Low ID, Not Suprised.
    BT - Shadows Client Is Always In Yellow Status.
    SoulSeek - 50/50 Lots Of Errors Trying to View And Download.
    News Groups - Can't Do Anything Due To Lack Of Authentication, I Expected That.

As Mentioned I Am behind A Router.
    While Testing With JBR, Also On A Router,
    We Could Not Transfer Anything Between Each Other.

Have NO Icons In Tray.

Aside From That I Like The Service...

2. File Sharing   -   #102
    Originally posted by REALITY@10 December 2003 - 14:34

Have NO Icons In Tray.

I was getting all yellows too. But sometime yesterday, one went to green and has been that way since.

I also have no icon in the task bar. Another thing, do you know what it is in the task manager? I would like to use that as a quick reference for checking if it is still on or not.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. File Sharing   -   #103
    Originally posted by tracydani@10 December 2003 - 06:11
    I also have no icon in the task bar. Another thing, do you know what it is in the task manager? I would like to use that as a quick reference for checking if it is still on or not.
    It does not show in the Task Manager that I know since it is merely a connection. You coulld leave the AnonX.pbk open and keep an eye on that I suppose.

4. File Sharing   -   #104
    Double Agent
    actually u dont need the pbk file at all. all you need is the server address

simply create a vpn in network and dialup

simple as hell to do...

then you have the option to "place icon on taskbar on connection"

5. File Sharing   -   #105
    James is right . It is easy if you have ever created a VPN before. I am righting up some VPN howtos with screen shots for 98/ME/2000/XP. When you use a dialing directory Microsoft does not give the pbk a GUID therefore you do not get the little link computers in the task bar. If you create a new VPN you will get the little computers.

6. File Sharing   -   #106
    Originally posted by REALITY@10 December 2003 - 04:34
    My issues...

IRC - Can't Upload.
    EMule - Low ID, Not Suprised.
    SoulSeek - 50/50 Lots Of Errors Trying to View And Download.
    News Groups - Can't Do Anything Due To Lack Of Authentication, I Expected That.
    Ok well lets bring that up to date...

IRC - Still can't upload , this bothers me.
    EMule - Who cares it still works and is generally slow anyway.
    BT - Still yellow though who cares since I can downlaod at 100KB/s. Its clear I am losing sources and may be at 150KB/s on the same torrent, though a fair trade off.
    SoulSeek - I still cannot connect to anyone who is behind a router as well, for now I just turn off AnonX when needed I guess.
    News Groups - Again this is clear since I am using my ISP I cannot connect thorough AnonX.

As I have found all these appear to be related to being behind a router as AnonXO stated...
    Your PC---NAT--Router===WWW===Router--NAT--JB PC

This could cause some problems, but can be corrected with some changes to the NAT.
    Though as to what changes I am yet unclear. I have tried to apply DMZ, generally a very bad idea, just to see if it helps, and it does not.

Clearly most of the current problems, except for IRC, are connecting with others also behind routers
    Code:
    My PC--Router--AnonX===WWW===Router--Other PC
    After looking at this I wonder if it can even be resolved...

7. File Sharing   -   #107
    Reality,

as discussed in the p.m. I will get back to asap on these problems. IRC should work regardless of router.

Does the router have a NAT? Do you have more than one computer connected behind the FW/router/nat?

this problem can be solved but i need some info

8. File Sharing   -   #108
    Originally posted by AnonXO@11 December 2003 - 08:40
    Reality,

as discussed in the p.m. I will get back to asap on these problems. IRC should work regardless of router.

Does the router have a NAT? Do you have more than one computer connected behind the FW/router/nat?

this problem can be solved but i need some info
    The router is a D-Link 614+.

I have 2 computers connected via wireless cards.

Also don't forget I can download on IRC, just not upload. I have adjusted all the settings in IRC to allow upload and without Annox all is fine, somehow the extra layer has caused me to have no upload...

Thanks Again.

9. File Sharing   -   #109
    Preliminary report back.

Everything works fine with IRCs from the office. Which has a NAT, FW, and Router.

That comment doesn't help you much.

1. On the Firewall do you have ports 1723 and protocal 47 (GRE) open in both directions?

2. Can you upload/download on other netoworks?

10. File Sharing   -   #110
    Double Agent
    anonxo perhaps you can update ur website with a faq with which ports need opened forwarded in router/firewall for the major p2p programs so you can reduce tech support workload.

just an idea

Reality and I did tests on Soulseek, IRC, and bt and found we can't download/upload to each other at all if we are both on the proxy. At first I thought this is normal, since I can't download/upload to myself (we all have the same proxy ip). But then I simplified the question and thought to myself.... if computers in a lan can see other on a p2p program (same ip but different network address) then it should solve the program. But then we are both behind routers (same model)... ok i am officially confused now

maybe anonxo can answer this question

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast