Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Thread: My Full Review On Www.anonx.com

Double Agent
    ok connecting to the emule server i am getting low id

also on bt i get firewalled status (yellow light), also the speed is still taking a beating

also this is my za setting

am i configured right?

EDIT: i made sure i have correct ports forwarded for emule and bt

this is the manu.'s guide for config bt: http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1347

2. File Sharing   -   #132
    I am getting more HIGH ID with eDonkey, but I am still getting a larger number of LowIDs. The problem is not 100% solved, yet.

Okay, my BT is integrated into Shareza with differnent options. Let me download BT and play with its setting directly and report back.

I will reset the MASQ Forwarding stuff on all the server's this weekend. This will help with port between 1024 and 32565

3. File Sharing   -   #133
    While logged into AnonX with eDonkey2000 I get the following response 100% of the time, if I do not get the server is full.

Go to a server and try to connect
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Connecting to 38.119.96.15 ....
    Placed on connection Queue.
    WARNING : Your 4661 port is not reachable. Please review your network config.
    server version 16.44 (lugdunum)
    Our greetings to Eric (http://lugdunum2k.free.fr/kiten.html) for his fantastic job!!
    ###########################################
    ####### Bienvenidos al Servidor del SEDG ########
    ######## SPANISH ELITEDIVX GROUP ##########
    ########## WWW.ELITEDIVX.COM ###########
    ############################## 150.000 users #
    El Mejor Cine, Peliculas, Anime, Musica, Juegos, ...
    Foros de Elite en : http://www.elitedivx.com/foro/
    Tienda para el Divx: http://tienda.elitedivx.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see the warning message and do not like it. So I try to connect to that sever again and get the following resonse

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Already connected to that server.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search are quick with eDonkey but my download speeds are between 7KB/s and 60KB/s (56Kbs and 480Kbs) and this is with a cable modem.

Without AnonX I connect to the servers without the warning message, but I my transfer rate is less? Don't know why? I will admit my transer rate should be much higher in both case. With Shareaza I usuall am pushing 1.4Mbs total download.

The warning message is not the same as low id, but is an indicator that something is not 100%.

4. File Sharing   -   #134
    Double Agent

anonxo i appreciate ur work testing the servers but i dont think that's a very good way of measure ur network's performance.

with Donkey/emule network ur speed is generally dependent on how many sources you get, the more the faster.

you mentioned with anonx on you can get up to 60kB/s, that's pretty fast even for a cable, however you might get a low id status (means ur behind a firewall/proxy). I've logged into the server u mentioned with anonx and i still get low ids (every server i've logged in give me low id status). even with correct firewall configuration.

I would suggest a network with a more stable sources like bittorrent with somewhat stable speed and connectivity, would be more ideal for testing.

just grab a popular torrent and see how you can tweak the system to make it download faster. I can upload fine on bt but download is a biatch (no offense intended )

5. File Sharing   -   #135
    I am gone for the day and you guys are like busy bees...

I am glad to see your on the right track now AnonXO

1. IRC - Still cannot upload, though I am clueless as to what is causing this.

2. EMule - I really dont give a shit about High ID and I don't think it matters that much since you can still download and upload although if I am not mistaken a Low ID means that you may not be able to connect to other Low ID users which means less sources and slower speeds due to fewer sources.

3. BT - Same issue, if your status is yellow then you can't connect to or see others who are in a similar status, thus fewer sources thus creating slower speeds.

4. SoulSeek - Slightly different since this is a one to one client, that means anyone else behind a router is just simply inaccessable.

As for Zone Alarm, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THESE ISSUES, I know this for a fact since I turned it off.

IMPORTANT

I left 3 programs running last night, IRC, SoulSeek and EMule, not much going on really, just testing. I wake up and AnonX has dropped the connection (it was set to redial every 1 second for 100 times). Well guess what , IRC and EMule are now showing my WAN IP. There MUST be implementation of an option that if it cannot reconnect that it LOCKS all internet traffic, perhaps even trigger such a setting in a fw or does it itself. This is NOT a very comforting situation.

6. File Sharing   -   #136
    Double Agent
    first of all it's NOT a program. and anonx you really should change that term

and also reality dont set it to be 100 times, i set mine 9,999,999 times if anonx can't connect to the server, there will be NO internet traffic. I've done it, it works

as long as anonx is redialing there is no traffic. try it with ur web browser, unplung ur cable with anonx on, it will drop connection, redail, try using the browser now, you'll note it wont load any webpage.

7. File Sharing   -   #137
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@13 December 2003 - 01:17
    first of all it's NOT a program. and anonx you really should change that term 

and also reality dont set it to be 100 times, i set mine 9,999,999 times    if anonx can't connect to the server, there will be NO internet traffic. I've done it, it works
    Odd I edited my post after looking at it relizing the exact same thing, though perhaps some type of software could be coupled with it to fix this. I have however set my properties to 999,999,999 now to see waht happens, though this should be effective.

8. File Sharing   -   #138
    Double Agent
    Reality i'll ask you this again. How fast is ur bt running at wit anonx on?

mine: 30kB/s up 30kB/s down, best i can get :/

za setting: GRE 47 allowed, some communication between anonx server and my computer although i have no idea what they are talking about

9. File Sharing   -   #139
    Try setting BT to slow cable and then seed longer to make it up. BT is only as fast as the sources you connect to, when yellow you cannot conect to certain sources, such as others behind a router taht have not opened their ports. I can dl at 100KB/s on a good torrent with AnonX even while in yellow status, just means I am getting nice sources...

10. File Sharing   -   #140
    Double Agent
    and how fast were u uploading when u download at 100kB/s?

i find if i limit my upload (using netlimiter) to 15kB/s, my downloads slow to about 15-20kB/s

i am starting to think this is related to bt network with their "proportional" upload/download rates...