Thread: Help

benduker
    Does anyone know how to look for a certain user????I've been trying to figure it out 4 ever

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    No, that is not possible. The main reason for this is that usernames on Kazaa are not unique. That means that there might be several people with the same username online. Using a Username and IP address combination also does not work, because most users have a dynamic IP, which means it changes everytime you reboot (cable/dsl) or everytime you dial-in.
    It is also not possible to change the system, so that usernames must be unique. The reason for this is that it would require a centralised login server to authenticate users. A centralised part of the network would make the network controlable, and it thus can be shut down. This would eventually mean that the network will be forced to shut down by court.

It's in the FAQ (click on the NEWBIE FAQ in my signature) . Read it before posting.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    First: Next time please add a proper topic title and description to Your thread.

Also You should read the FAQ:

Originally posted by From The FAQ
    I want to download a file from a friend of mine, but I can't seem to find it.

When you are connected to the network that is used by Kazaa, you are connected to only one Supernode. When you do a search, it will only search through the list of files from the people that are connected to the same Supernode. There are however many Supernodes (thousands?) all over the world. So the chance you and your friend are connected to the same piece of the network is very small.

You can both use the KaZupernodes program to be able to connected to the same Supernode. That should make it more easy to find each others files.

If you want to exchange files, there are much better ways. Most Instant Message Programs (MSN,ICQ,etc.) have to ability to send/receive files. Another good way is IRC or FTP, but that requires some more computer experience.

Is it possible to add users to a list of favorites?

No, that is not possible. The main reason for this is that usernames on Kazaa are not unique. That means that there might be several people with the same username online. Using a Username and IP address combination also does not work, because most users have a dynamic IP, which means it changes everytime you reboot (cable/dsl) or everytime you dial-in.
    It is also not possible to change the system, so that usernames must be unique. The reason for this is that it would require a centralised login server to authenticate users. A centralised part of the network would make the network controlable, and it thus can be shut down. This would eventually mean that the network will be forced to shut down by court.

Is it possible to search for a specific user?

No, thats not possible. The reason why is explained in the question above this one.
    Welcome aBoard

BOT

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl2
    I have found certain users

you need the file hash/name of what your looking for and there supernode?