Thread: ...more Sources Needed.....arghhhh!

i keep downloading vid files and am getting more and MORE errors reading "more sources needed". Now before you (the reader) tell me to check FAQ's then know that I have checked and have found nothing. I have been an avid file-sharer for a LONG time (back when napster was free...those were the good ol' days for sure) and have now been noticing that ALOT more video files are showing up as "more sources needed". Had anyone else seen this? And if so, what's the deal?? Or, am I doing something wrong? Any tips??? thanks. Keep KazaaLite Alive!
    ~ethan~

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Depends... are the vids rare or fairly new??? How many sources show up in your searches?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ethandarkseid@4 December 2003 - 00:12

i keep downloading vid files and am getting more and MORE errors reading "more sources needed". Now before you (the reader) tell me to check FAQ's then know that I have checked and have found nothing. I have been an avid file-sharer for a LONG time (back when napster was free...those were the good ol' days for sure) and have now been noticing that ALOT more video files are showing up as "more sources needed". Had anyone else seen this? And if so, what's the deal?? Or, am I doing something wrong? Any tips??? thanks. Keep KazaaLite Alive!
    ~ethan~
    its called the riaa, riaa is scaring people away and once they are done with kazaa they will move to other p2p like bittorrent and emule, mirc, etc. so here is the solution to your problem

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

if after all of that and some patience you dont get anything, try our verified and request section

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    thanks. I'll start tweaking the controls a bit.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ethandarkseid@5 December 2003 - 02:17
    thanks. I'll start tweaking the controls a bit.
    good luck boss