Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Klr

I was hoping one of the other people would be able to do this but they had problems with kazaa so I started late last week. Here's the finished product.

klr.exe for kmd 2.6.0

http://www.geocities.com/klrismypwd

don't download the source code unless you understand assembly language

from readme.txt:

IMPORTANT
    =========

It'll probably crash in kernel32.dll if you use Win95/98/ME. (Technical info, don't ask what it means) The reason is probably because it sets up its own exception handler using the temp stack and an exception occurs. Windows only seems to support setting up exception handlers on the real stack. It crashes when loading one DLL (ends in OSS.DLL, and could be spyware, or the DLL after it).

I'll fix it if any Windows 2000/XP user is having this problem.

Installing it
    =============

* Install KMD 2.6.0 (you need kazaa.exe and a few registry keys)
    * Copy klr.exe to same folder as kazaa.exe (usually in "C:\Program Files\Kazaa")
    * Double-click klr.exe instead of kazaa.exe to start it

Enhanced features in no particular order
    ========================================

* Starts faster and uses less memory
    * No unnecessary DLLs loaded
    * Unlimited search mores
    * Unlimited number of search tabs
    * No loading of Gator spyware
    * You can block any site you wish in your HOSTS file
    * PL is set to 1000

Anyone wanting to get rid of all ad links (not cd_clint.dll since it's gone) can unpack kazaa and change the resource section with ResHacker, or you can block all ad links in your HOSTS file.

That is all.

MD5 sum of Kazaa.exe 2.6.0:
    MD5 (kazaa.exe) = 0c722b3aefd621788582a024cf30703a

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Just to avoid any discussion. There won't be a 'lite' version made on this forum. But I am sure that someone will eventually make it like Yuri, Shaun or Dr. Damn. There is no point in begging or commenting, all will be deleted.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    so if i run this i don't have spyware at all of 2.6? so also no Altnet?? (and i guess i have to get rid of the spyware installed in the 1st place manualy?) btw can kl extensions be loaded instead of cd_clint? or not? and last but not least, will there be more options such as 'user can't cut in line' and 'ip blocker'? or does this prog. stands besides k++?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by RileyF@4 December 2003 - 14:07
    so if i run this i don't have spyware at all of 2.6? so also no Altnet?? (and i guess i have to get rid of the spyware installed in the 1st place manualy?) btw can kl extensions be loaded instead of cd_clint? or not? and last but not least, will there be more options such as 'user can't cut in line' and 'ip blocker'? or does this prog. stands besides k++?
    you need kmd2.6 for it to work. it adds new features to the program. it doesn't remove your spyware. use other programs to remove them if you can't do it manually.

And I won't add any new features to it. There are many reasons for that, such as hardly anyone who is serious into p2p is using kazaa for anything more than a few mp3s, I don't have time, etc.

now about 2.8 million users are online and it's usually slightly more than 3 million online at most. 6-12 months ago there were 4+ million users connected to the network. sharman networks must be getting desperate now. soon they won't be number 1.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Paul@4 December 2003 - 12:20
    Just to avoid any discussion. There won't be a 'lite' version made on this forum. But I am sure that someone will eventually make it like Yuri, Shaun or Dr. Damn. There is no point in begging or commenting, all will be deleted.
    @RN - begging :
    Please do some magic and make it work for Win 98 as well
    There are still a few of us out there with slow PII PCs ...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by rafi_d+4 December 2003 - 16:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rafi_d @ 4 December 2003 - 16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Paul@4 December 2003 - 12:20
    Just to avoid any discussion. There won&#39;t be a &#39;lite&#39; version made on this forum. But I am sure that someone will eventually make it like Yuri, Shaun or Dr. Damn. There is no point in begging or commenting, all will be deleted.
    @RN - begging :
    Please do some magic and make it work for Win 98 as well
    There are still a few of us out there with slow PII PCs ... [/b][/quote]
    yes, please Random Nut :-)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    thanks rn, that works great

can someone please tell me what registry keys are needed?
    (im using just the kazaa.exe file, alongside kazaa lite k++ atm)

also i can search everytime now

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Forum Star
    No special regsitry keys are needed I think. Just the standard kazaa keys.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@4 December 2003 - 23:19
    No special regsitry keys are needed I think. Just the standard kazaa keys.
    i know that paul, it runs fine alongside k++, but i want to know the registry keys that kazaa needs to run, please

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Forum Star
    There are a lot of registry keys. Install either Kazaa or Kazaa Lite to get them.

HKCU&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa
    HKLM&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast