Thread: Get This!

What's up lately?

I've been trying to get Pirates OTC, and I try files with like 46 sources....still I get only one download at about 1.0k/s? I used to download off of 10-15 users at 100-300 k/s? What gives now? Has something changed?

and its not just this file...all of the movies I try now are like this...only one source. I've checked my settings and nothing has changed.

A really frustrated Han
    Thanks for any help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    less people on the network
    look into bittorrent and irc, just be sure you share on kazaa what you get

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Reinstall kazaa

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hanguker@4 December 2003 - 06:24
    What's up lately?

I've been trying to get Pirates OTC, and I try files with like 46 sources....still I get only one download at about 1.0k/s? I used to download off of 10-15 users at 100-300 k/s? What gives now? Has something changed?

and its not just this file...all of the movies I try now are like this...only one source. I've checked my settings and nothing has changed.

A really frustrated Han
    Thanks for any help.
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

try our verified and request section

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Why am I downloading from fewer sources as than I found in the search?

There are lots of reasons for this:

* There is a maximum for the number of sources that is used simultaniously. This is 8 in the old Kazaa Lite versions. With the K++ Editions you can chance that value. The default value is 16.
    * Sources may have gone offline in the meanwhile.
    * Speed: If you download from only a few people, but the speeds are good, then Kazaa Lite won't try to add any additional sources. Only when the total speed is low, it tries to add some more sources to download from.
    * When you start a download, a maximum of 30 sources is stored in the partial download. So having hundreds of sources in the searchresults is pretty pointless. Once the download is started additional sources can be added, up to 150 in total.
    * But the most important reason why you usually only download from one or two sources at a time is that the sources don't have a free upload slot available for you to use. A simple example:
    Let's say that there are 100 people. On average they each have 5 upload slots. That means a maximum of 500 total uploads from these people. Now if each of these 100 people has 3 active downloads, then there would be 300 downloads. But with only 500 available upload slots you will see that the chances of downloading a file from multiple sources are pretty small. That is why most files only download from one or two sources at a time. Only with very popular files you are likely to be able to download from many people at once.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks for the help all.

Guess I'll just have to be patient. It's just that it's frustrating to see so many people getting new/rare movies off of me when I can't seem to get anything off of them these days...

Please share...

Han