Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Editing Mp3's, How To?

Jay K
    Can anybody point me in the right direction with this one?
    When I have downloaded, say a complete album which is only one track long, how do I change it back so it has the gaps in-between songs? Somebody said it's possible with Nero....is this right? If so I have Nero so any advice would be greatley received.

P.S. I hope this question is in the right place and is applicable.

Thanks a lot

Jay K

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Get an audio editor like "cool edit"
    open the mp3,
    find where each song ends,
    grab section,cut, paste and save
    until youve seperated tutti
    & in the meantime youll learn to edit audio.
    2 in 1
    enjoy

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    You need a program called "Cool Edit Pro 2.0".

Keep in mind, MP3s are not meant to be edited. MP3s are compressed audio, which means they lose a portion of DATA, for the convience of the small file size.

When creating a first generation MP3, the loss in audio is not significant to notice, practically impossible to tell the difference from the original, however, if you edit the MP3, and copy it and re-compress several times, the loss in audio quality is significant enough to notice. Kind of like XEROX copying a copy of a copy. The last copy is never as sharp as the original.

Here's what to do:
    I suggest that you use Cool Edit Pro for MP3 editing. Convert the MP3 to an uncompressed WAV file, using the highest possible settings in stereo (such as Windows PCM). Edit the WAV file to your liking. When it is completely finished, you can save it as an MP3, with the same exact settings as the original or save it using the highest quality possible, which is 320kps 4410HZ, STEREO [CBR or Constant Bitrate].

The end result is a high quality mp3 that is 99.9% as good as the original.

-Hope this helps you!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I suggest you use SoulSeek.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 February 2003 - 23:30
    Hey Funky,
    What is SOULSEEK? Compare it to Cool Edit for me. I may download it, based on your review.

P.S. What's with the camcorder pic?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Spindulik+13 February 2003 - 17:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 13 February 2003 - 17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 February 2003 - 23:30
    Hey Funky,
    What is SOULSEEK? Compare it to Cool Edit for me. I may download it, based on your review.

P.S. What&#39;s with the camcorder pic?
    [/b][/quote]
    CD of the day...read the words below and above it.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    FC the problem is that this CD doesn&#39;t have a single word written on it.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Benno@13 February 2003 - 18:11
    FC the problem is that this CD doesn&#39;t have a single word written on it.
    Below the picture&#33;&#33;&#33;Below the picture&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Jay K
    Thanks a lot for the replies people, still a bit wet behind the ears with all this - but i&#39;m a quick learner. I will let you know how I get on.......

Cheers

Jay K

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Jay K
    More help needed for the clueless arse-wipe I&#39;m afraid......

I got Cool Edit Pro like you all suggested, had a good read of the tutorial and managed to do the first song, get in I think, I&#39;m away I think, so I start showing off to the girlfriend only for me to get it all muddled up and wrong, nobhead she thinks(didn&#39;y say it but I knew she was) So, could anybody with an i.q. above 2.5 and a quarter please do me a fools guide, you know, like bullet points and wot-not......?

All&#39;s I want to do is save each track as a single mp3 when the original is part of a whole album mp3...

What&#39;s the quickest/best way of doing this? Once I&#39;ve done it all once I&#39;ll be off and running, untill then I&#39;ll be wandering round the program like a lost sheep, mesmerised by all the squiggeley lines

Thanks a lot

Jay K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast