Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cd-rw Problem

ok will try those i put in a cd-rw and went to nero to erase and it start erasing and then stopped and nero bombed out so i CTRL + ALT +DEL ed it and exited it but the prob is the cd wont come out i tried holding eject but hwen i turn my pc off and back on it will come out.

has anyone had this prob before. am i going to need a new drive?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Have you got a virtual drive have a look in Windows explorer to eject go in there right click "eject".

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by cwctv@4 December 2003 - 23:39
    Have you got a virtual drive have a look in Windows explorer to eject go in there right click "eject".
    yeah i have gone to my computer and clicked eject loads.

yeah i got 4 virtual drives (daemon tools) buty i rly need to burn stuff to cd for work and i need to free up space (with a 10gb hard dxrive i have rly keep much on there)

thnx 4 every1's help any other ideas

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Not tried daemon tools yet could that stop the copying guessing here is this cutter set up for daemon tools do you see what I am trying to say.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by cwctv@4 December 2003 - 23:44
    Not tried daemon tools yet could that stop the copying guessing here is this cutter set up for daemon tools do you see what I am trying to say.
    iv had daemon tools ever since i got my pc last christmas (pathictly cheap so dont lauf at the hard drive size) so i dont think that could be stopping anything. i have no idea if this happens but is it possible for the drive to b a rly sh!t one and just like fu*ked up over time?

thnx for the help tho btw everyone

any more ideas

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Of course nothing lasts forever my brothers was only 14 months old and about 200 cuts thats all mind you I think it was a ploy just to get the money out of the wife for a faster drive.
    Me cough cough must have made 500 plus by now and it 18 months old not bothered about a faster one for now and I have the same drive as he had.

Smoke dirt and all that won't help either which mine gets plenty of its now on 10 a day.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@4 December 2003 - 22:47
    i have had my cd-rw drive since last christmas and the cd's im using are not the problem buti have tried 3 buirns in the last 2 days and they havent worked.
    2 important things

burn at a couple of notches slower than your drive is capable of

don't have any programs running at the same time, including antivirus etc

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    does your drive have updates my liteon does try checking out the manufacturers site ..if you have to buy a new one i recomend a liteon works great ,,,

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Hey accat13, long time no see. Good to see you.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Now that you've freed up some space, try creating an image.

If it screws up, you've got a software/hd problem. If not, you've got a cd-rw problem.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast