Thread: Weird Firewall Prob

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i have zonealarm 4.5 pro. now, i open msn.com, and click on a link. it goes to an not available page. i turn off my firewall, and everything works, including riaa.org, which i thought was down all this time. wtf is happening? is my firewall blocking too much? am i allowing too little? some suggestions please

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@4 December 2003 - 23:14
    i have zonealarm 4.5 pro. now, i open msn.com, and click on a link. it goes to an not available page. i turn off my firewall, and everything works, including riaa.org, which i thought was down all this time. wtf is happening? is my firewall blocking too much? am i allowing too little? some suggestions please
    Change settings?
    Don't ask me how/where, I use NIS2003.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Are you using a block list from peer guardian or something?

Another member was having a problem with msn too, but the IP for msn was in the block list in the firewall, and they deleted it, and it worked.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Mik3ll@4 December 2003 - 18:29
    Are you using a block list from peer guardian or something?

Another member was having a problem with msn too, but the IP for msn was in the block list in the firewall, and they deleted it, and it worked.
    oh. i c wats goin on. riaa.org and msn are all blocked. great. that means the ips thing is working. ok. i'll keep it like this. thanks guys