Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dvd Burner 4x

[QUOTE]I think i'll wait another year to buy a 16x writer, the price when this first comes out will be too high for the benefit.

By the end of next year there might be 32 speed writers, who knows

tankz 4 replying yall, i tink ima buy 1, cant wait anymore man, i been waiting 4 two years already,

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by clocker@5 December 2003 - 15:47
    From my reading, some brands are very sensitive to the brand of media you use, thus limiting your choices in that area.
    That's true i bought a different brand before that wouldnt write on low quality disks. I used to only buy ritek dye disks for that. (ritek have darker dye)

I took it back to the retailer for a refund and bought the BTC, which works on all branded media.

I've copied over 80 movies since i bought my first dvd-rewiter. It's saved me money having to re-hire movies to watch.

I think the speed is important because i hate the wait.

I'm a bit paranoid about moving too much when the dvd-writer is at work just in case it damages the disk. That's because years ago i used to own a iomega zip cd-writer, which was very sensitive to too much movement (ground vibration), so sex was out of the question when recording
    Robert00000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    hehe im gonna get one just to be able to burn ps2 and xbox games.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by Robert00000@5 December 2003 - 14:57
    That's because years ago i used to own a iomega zip cd-writer, which was very sensitive to too much movement (ground vibration), so sex was out of the question when recording 
    :jester:

I think I'd wait awhile before picking up a 16x as well though, I'd say at least for 6 - 12 months you're looking at 300 - 400 dollars.

But I still love to have one
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003@5 December 2003 - 21:35
    hehe im gonna get one just to be able to burn ps2 and xbox games.
    me 2

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    one problem with the 8x is the disks. You have to be able to find 8x disk and they will be a lot more than 4x or 2.4x disks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Im looking to bye one also but im a little confused about the different formats.
    You know the plus minus crap.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by peat moss@6 December 2003 - 17:45
    Im looking to bye one also but im a little confused about the different formats.
    Get a dual format one.

Then buy the cheapest media. If one format becomes the standard, you can be sure that the price of the media will fall.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lynx+6 December 2003 - 20:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 6 December 2003 - 20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss@6 December 2003 - 17:45
    Get a dual format one.

Then buy the cheapest media. If one format becomes the standard, you can be sure that the price of the media will fall. [/b][/quote]
    Make sure you choose your re-writer carefully, because some dont write on cheaper disks.
    Robert00000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123