Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Burner 4x

i planing to buy a dvd burner, cuz it seem to be kinda cheap now. but, 4x, how fast is it, how many mb/sec, how long will it take to burn a full dvdr with 4.7GB, any1 no pleas let me no, tankz alot!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4x is... i forget how many mb per second, but it's approximately the same speed as 16x or 20x cd burning. it takes about 14 or 15 minutes to burn a full dvd at 4x speed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    y, if a 16x burn a 750 mb cd in 10 mins, how can a 4x burn a much more detailed 4.7 gig dvd in the same time? the speed is reduce my 4x and the size is beign increase almost 7x

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    16x cd burning should do 700mb in more like 5 minutes.

i was mistaken about the dvd vs cd speed comparison though-- 4x dvd is 5.5mb/sec, which is comparable to 36x to 40x cd speed. so, my error. maybe that clears up the misunderstanding, if there is any.

nevertheless, 4x dvd burning does a full disc in about 15 minutes, and 8x dvd should be more like 7 or 8 minutes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    really? hmmmm i thought 4x was the same for cd-rw and dvd-rw..... omg plz explain a little more now u got me interested on buying a dvd burner....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    cmon now......are the burning speeds different for real? what is the actual rate?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Standard cd speed is 150KB/sec, so 40x cd speed is 6000KB/sec or 6MB/sec. This is about the average speed when burning a full cd at 52x.

I think standard dvd speed is 1440KB/sec so 4x dvd speed is 5760KB/sec or 5.76MB/sec. This speed is supposed to be maintained over the full burn.

As you can see, the data rates are about the same.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    so dvd speed is approx 10x the cd speed?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Of course, that's why it holds almost 10 times as much data on each layer.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast