Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bt++

hi i just started using bt++ this evening, and it works fine apart from it uses all of my available RAM and all my available virtual memory and the computer runs at a snails pace with only one dload. i have an athalon 1800 and 512mb of ddr ram and a 512k cable connection. surely this cant be the case? or do i just have to live with it, if so, im back to kazaa! does anyone know why this happens or a better client that handles memory better?

cheers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    http://bt.degreez.net/

shadows experminental is a good one.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    What Bt cleint are you using. Old offical bittorrent version was a big memory hogger. Most ppl use Shad0ws Cleint. I have a PIII with 192 sdram and i never had a problem like this.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Try Shadow, maybe try adjusting your upload speeds according to you connection.
    Also, no, it's not a resource hog, I'm running less than you just fine...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Originally posted by REALITY@5 December 2003 - 01:37
    Also, no, it's not a resource hog, I'm running less than you just fine...
    I am talking about about the Old official Bittorrent 3.2. Shad0ws version is the best one out there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    hmm, im using the b++ client the cpu usage is 3% but the memory is totally gone. ill try shadow client.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    azureus
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. BitTorrent   -   #8

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by ultimatejester+4 December 2003 - 17:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ultimatejester @ 4 December 2003 - 17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@5 December 2003 - 01:37
    Also, no, it&#39;s not a resource hog, I&#39;m running less than you just fine...
    I am talking about about the Old official Bittorrent 3.2. Shad0ws version is the best one out there. [/b][/quote]
    Was talking to the poster...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    muchspl2
    bt ++ is the worst client you could ever choose, for 1 it put bad data into the swarm, you think everything is fine but others see
    piece failed hash check, re-downloading

its not a problem to the people that use shad0ws client and others with shad0w&#39;s core
    we block you from connecting to us, so you never see our data and you don&#39;t send us fubared bit&#39;s of the file

ditch bt++ and tell anyone that still uses it how messed up that client is

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast