Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 250MBps UL good enough for maintaining ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    All that matters is that you seed stuff for as long as possible. I've ended up seeding some stuff that's got barely other seeders and when they get snatched I see a good boost in ratio. Long term seeding will always show good results.
    Indeed, the trick is doing this long after everyone else has forgotten them.
    Exactly. I'm seeding stuff on a tracker where I'm the sole seder. Won't let that stuff die. Plus someone will eventually come around and it will be good to know that I kept sharing something and it got passed on further.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12

All that matters is that you seed stuff for as long as possible. I've ended up seeding some stuff that's got barely other seeders and when they get snatched I see a good boost in ratio. Long term seeding will always show good results.
    Indeed, the trick is doing this long after everyone else has forgotten them.

Time Elapsed: 2y 5w
    Downloaded: 8.00 GB
    Download Speed: 0.0 kB/s (avg. 61.5 kB/s)
    Down Limit: ∞
    Remaining: ∞
    Uploaded: 906 GB
    Upload Speed: 0.0 kB/s (avg. 14.3 kB/s)
    Up Limit: ∞
    Wasted: 1.21 MB (0 hashfails)
    Seeds: 0 of 1 connected (0 in swarm)
    Peers: 0 of 0 connected (0 in swarm)
    Share Ratio: 113.197
    Showoff

JK

But I completely agree that the ones that are not seeded well are the ones that will reap long term benefits. Someone will always what what's available and has atleast 1 seed. That's what you will luck out.
    Last edited by ripcord; 07-06-2021 at 04:07 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Showoff

JK
    If anything, I'm saddened that after uploading 113 copies' worth of data to other people, none of them stuck around to seed afterwards. Public torrents are not a reliable backup system
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Showoff

JK
    If anything, I'm saddened that after uploading 113 copies' worth of data to other people, none of them stuck around to seed afterwards. Public torrents are not a reliable backup system
    Too many times I've found stuff on public trackers that was never well seeded or was dead. It's a real pity that's why I don't rely on them anymore. People have the bad habbit of taking and then unseeding the torrents. Frankly how so much of the content survives on public trackers is a mystery to me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Rerecros's Avatar Member
    Depends how much you DL but if you seed all the time and don't download some absurd amount you should be ok.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    And don't forget: be connectable! That matters more than speeds, actually.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12