Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Importing Ips

Originally posted by vivitron 15@7 December 2003 - 19:57
    i was wondering about this a while back - my thought is that it would be poss, if someone with sufficient knowledge were to "spend/waste" the time creating a prog to do it.

the prob is clearly that each router would have a different configuration to it, so would require a seperate program.

if you find anything to do it let us know, and ill do the same
    You are talking about changing/hacking the routers internal firmware to add more features to it. It would actually not be too difficult to do something like this, since most routers these days have easy firmware update features. Programming the code to add this feature to the router would be pretty easy too.

Maybe if you send in a request to the manufacturer of that router, through their bug report service, they might even add it in a later firmware update.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    im off to do that as we speak, but i was wondering if it would be poss to do it with the features already in the router:

it has the ability to block IPs anyway, it just takes ages to manually input each one...if it were poss to have a little prog to "type each in" and press ok, then this would eliminate the need for new f/ware. thats what i meant by a diff program for each router - a different PC based program.
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@8 December 2003 - 08:32
    im off to do that as we speak, but i was wondering if it would be poss to do it with the features already in the router:

it has the ability to block IPs anyway, it just takes ages to manually input each one...if it were poss to have a little prog to "type each in" and press ok, then this would eliminate the need for new f/ware. thats what i meant by a diff program for each router - a different PC based program.
    Yeah, you can code some kind of elaborate script that will fill all this information in but there is an easier way. Again, modifying the routers firmware might be the best idea. All you do is add some code that would allow you to upload a TXT (simple text file) into the routers flash ROM, which is can use to filter out that incoming traffic from Ips defined in that text file.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12