Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing Ips

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    is there any way of importing bad ips into ur router for it to block? or is that not necessary? i think its not necessary, but if there is a way, i'd still import ips

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    maybe i posted this in the wrong section?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    if your router has any sort of filter built in, it's prolly only URL-based. i.e. it can block out specific URLs, or URLs that include words you don't want (like "adserver" or "popup"). but i think for IP filtering, you need to install a software firewall on each PC you've got connected.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@5 December 2003 - 00:35
    if your router has any sort of filter built in, it's prolly only URL-based. i.e. it can block out specific URLs, or URLs that include words you don't want (like "adserver" or "popup"). but i think for IP filtering, you need to install a software firewall on each PC you've got connected.
    Should work with IP numbers too, since you can load a web page by entering its IP number in the browser too. If the router blocks the URL to the page but not the IP number, then that would really defeat the whole purpose of content filerting in a router! I got a Netgear router and it works with mine so...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by MadDog&#045;2000+5 December 2003 - 00:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MadDog-2000 @ 5 December 2003 - 00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC@5 December 2003 - 00:35
    if your router has any sort of filter built in, it&#39;s prolly only URL-based.&nbsp; i.e. it can block out specific URLs, or URLs that include words you don&#39;t want (like "adserver" or "popup").&nbsp; but i think for IP filtering, you need to install a software firewall on each PC you&#39;ve got connected.
    Should work with IP numbers too, since you can load a web page by entering its IP number in the browser too. If the router blocks the URL to the page but not the IP number, then that would really defeat the whole purpose of content filerting in a router&#33; I got a Netgear router and it works with mine so... [/b][/quote]
    so i would have to manually enter a couple hundred ips? is there a easier way?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+5 December 2003 - 01:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 5 December 2003 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MadDog&#045;2000@5 December 2003 - 00:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC
    @5 December 2003 - 00:35
    if your router has any sort of filter built in, it&#39;s prolly only URL-based. i.e. it can block out specific URLs, or URLs that include words you don&#39;t want (like "adserver" or "popup"). but i think for IP filtering, you need to install a software firewall on each PC you&#39;ve got connected.

Should work with IP numbers too, since you can load a web page by entering its IP number in the browser too. If the router blocks the URL to the page but not the IP number, then that would really defeat the whole purpose of content filerting in a router&#33; I got a Netgear router and it works with mine so...
    so i would have to manually enter a couple hundred ips? is there a easier way? [/b][/quote]
    PeerGuardian or Kazaa build-in IP blocker

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by MadDog&#045;2000+7 December 2003 - 01:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MadDog-2000 @ 7 December 2003 - 01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 December 2003 - 01:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC
    if your router has any sort of filter built in, it&#39;s prolly only URL-based. i.e. it can block out specific URLs, or URLs that include words you don&#39;t want (like "adserver" or "popup"). but i think for IP filtering, you need to install a software firewall on each PC you&#39;ve got connected.

Should work with IP numbers too, since you can load a web page by entering its IP number in the browser too. If the router blocks the URL to the page but not the IP number, then that would really defeat the whole purpose of content filerting in a router&#33; I got a Netgear router and it works with mine so...

PeerGuardian or Kazaa build-in IP blocker [/b][/quote]
    i know. i&#39;m talking about importing ips into ur hardware firewall. it&#39;s much more powerful

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+7 December 2003 - 06:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 7 December 2003 - 06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by MadDog&#045;2000@7 December 2003 - 01:16
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 December 2003 - 01:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC

PeerGuardian or Kazaa build-in IP blocker
    i know. i&#39;m talking about importing ips into ur hardware firewall. it&#39;s much more powerful [/b][/quote]
    no there ain&#39;t

better pull that all nighter

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i was wondering about this a while back - my thought is that it would be poss, if someone with sufficient knowledge were to "spend/waste" the time creating a prog to do it.

the prob is clearly that each router would have a different configuration to it, so would require a seperate program.

if you find anything to do it let us know, and ill do the same
    <insert signature here>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i have a us robotics broadband router. if anyone finds anything, make sure to email me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast