Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Card Temp

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i have a temp sensor in my case, and the sensor connects to a front display thingy that shows the temp the sensor i picking up. now, can i stick the sensor into the heatsink of the vd card and read the temp? how accurate will it be? will it damage the card?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No it won't damage the card.

I doesn't really matter if the absolute reading is accurate.
    Just compare it to other, known temps, like HDD or mobo.
    Move your sensor around and see what the general ambient temp in your case is.

My HDD and vid card rarely get more that 3-5 degC warmer than the case itself.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by clocker@4 December 2003 - 22:46
    No it won't damage the card.

I doesn't really matter if the absolute reading is accurate.
    Just compare it to other, known temps, like HDD or mobo.
    Move your sensor around and see what the general ambient temp in your case is.

My HDD and vid card rarely get more that 3-5 degC warmer than the case itself.
    well, rite now, its like just in the middle of the case. i'm getting 24 C. my hd is 19C, but i have a hd cooler. and i havn't checked my vd card. how do u check ur vd card temp?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nope

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have a heatpipe cooler on my video card and I just tape the sensor to the warmest place on the heatsink.
    It's not terribly accurate, but I get the general idea and that's all I care about.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by clocker@4 December 2003 - 22:52
    I have a heatpipe cooler on my video card and I just tape the sensor to the warmest place on the heatsink.
    It's not terribly accurate, but I get the general idea and that's all I care about.
    wat do u think a good temp for a radeon 9600 should be? i'm not playing games, so it shouldn't be that high rite? btw, i don't have a fan on my card cuz the built by ati ones only have a "silent cooling" aka, only hs. that sucks. so wat's a good temp? if u have a link to some actual temps, that would be sweet

btw, wat card do u have?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 December 2003 - 02:47
    my hd is 19C, but i have a hd cooler.
    what kind of cooler do you have?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+4 December 2003 - 22:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 4 December 2003 - 22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@5 December 2003 - 02:47
    my hd is 19C, but i have a hd cooler.
    what kind of cooler do you have? [/b][/quote]
    got it from tigerdirect.com for free after rebate. it&#39;s the Ultra (brand) something 2x 60mm fan hd cooler. works great. and they&#39;re sleave bearing too. not bad for free. lowed my hd by bout 10-13 C

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have a ATI 9000Pro.
    Get yourself a Zalman or Thermaltake heatpipe cooler.
    They work great.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 December 2003 - 02:57
    got it from tigerdirect.com for free after rebate. it&#39;s the Ultra (brand) something 2x 60mm fan hd cooler. works great. and they&#39;re sleave bearing too. not bad for free. lowed my hd by bout 10-13 C
    i&#39;m considering getting myself a cooler if i get the caddy for the hard drive...still not decided yet
    cheers for the info
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast