Thread: Burning To Dvd

Poster
    I going to get a dvd burner tommorow.... i hear u can burn 4.7 gigs of data but then i hear only something like 120 minutes of video ( cant remember) so can u burn up to 4.7 gigs of movies on there or what. thanx
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Originally posted by ZLOsiris@5 December 2003 - 09:30
    I going to get a dvd burner tommorow.... i hear u can burn 4.7 gigs of data but then i hear only something like 120 minutes of video  ( cant remember)  so can u burn up to 4.7 gigs of movies on there or what. thanx
    you could burn up to the capacity of the disc as data (i.e. 4.7GB), but then it might not/would not play in a dvd player
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    you can fit at least 3 hours of video. depending on the bit rate. One good piece of software you can use to reduce the video (so you can fit more) is dvd2one. There&#39;s no noticable loss of quality
    Robert00000

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl2
    kdvd ~10+ Hours Great Quality (svcd quality)
    kdvd ~6 Hour DVD Quality DVD compliant

kdvd would be my choice, I can&#39;t wait for dvd-r&#39;s of all the trilogy&#39;s at suprnova or the flavor of the month bittorrent site

imagine lotr kdvd all or matrix kdvd all or back to the future kdvd all, could go on forever

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    kdvd isnt compatiable with all dvd&#39;s. if you are considering using this format make sure you test your player for compatibility.

A better option is to reduce the bit rate of your movies, so it takes less space. It&#39;s better to keep your movies in mpeg2 format for universal compatibility, in case you want share it with somone else who doesnt have kdvd compatible player.
    Robert00000

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    i have a question say we download a movie then we wanna burn to dvd. when we encode teh movie will it be dvd quality or the same quality as the one downloaded in dvd format?

plz help meh cuz im considering buying a dvd burner

thx&#33;

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    You cannot improve on the quality of the source file. If the file you downloaded isnt very good, when you convert it you will get the same quality irrespective of how high you set the bit rate to.

So, whatever quality the downloaded file is, you should set the bit rate to a level it keeps the highest possible quality, but the smallest file size.

You will find with most downloaded movies you can fit 2 or more movies on a dvd-r disk without lossing any quality of the picture.
    Robert00000

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    omg sometimes i get surprised "newcomers" (tsk noob is a little harsh in this one ) give "better" answers than some people that been around.... u know..... like 150 posts

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Robert00000@5 December 2003 - 20:20
    kdvd isnt compatiable with all dvd&#39;s. if you are considering using this format make sure you test your player for compatibility.

A better option is to reduce the bit rate of your movies, so it takes less space. It&#39;s better to keep your movies in mpeg2 format for universal compatibility, in case you want share it with somone else who doesnt have kdvd compatible player.
    most dvd players can play kvcd/kdvd so not much of a problem, and kvcd/dvd will look 10x better than just simply lowering the Bitrate to fit 2 movies, when it can be optimized to fit more at a higher quality