Thread: Norton Firewall 2002

hi

im havin a prob when it comes to certain websites, they require my firewall to be disabled to access stuff (cd covers and certain progs)

Ive been to a website and a screen came up when it tryed to show a cd cover saying that i need to tell my firewall to allow "http refferer" i have looked in the release notes and the like and i have been to symatec but i cant find anything

i know some peeps dont like norton firewall but im happy with it so does anyone know what i do bcause i dont want to change it

thanx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I have a few sites that need to have the referrer permitted. I have to manually add their site so I can see all the content. u have more control that way.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ok will look into that cheers

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    in order to add the referrer to that site

open firewall > options > firewall(internet security) > web content > add the site you want > then find the site in the list > untick information about visited sites (that's what the referrer does) and click on permit.

click ok and then refresh the site. Should be all you have to do...some sites also need ads enabled...even though no ads are shown. All sites are different, you might have to play around...let me know if that works for that site.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    cheers

that has worked .
    im glad cos like i said norton is fine for me the only prob was that

cheers again

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    good to hear!