Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Kazaa Lite

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The problem is if the FT network does crash the RIAA may well tackle other P2P programs and networks (Emule, Bittorrent etc) and other companies which have held back abit (like the MPAA) may be emboldened by the RIAA's success and start their own campaignes.

So long as you know what your doing you can get alot from Kazaa (use verifieds and have a decent AV program). Kazaa is also the best know P2P app and K++ is a good place for newcomers to learn about fielsharing.

Most people now use a multitude of different P2P programs depending on their needs. Soulseek, for example, is good for music and Bittorrent is good for new/large files.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    2. An option to cancel a selected group of downloads or downloads in queued, paused, or more sources needed status.
    This is in KL extensions .57 if I'm not mistaken.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    This is in KL extensions .57 if I'm not mistaken.
    Thanks for the tip, but I just checked it out and no its not .

Ghoulardi

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by ghoulardi@5 December 2003 - 23:58
    I understand about the buddy list idea not working now. I just added that in because I saw it in the list. Thanks for enlightening me.

The ones I usually wish it had are the other two
    1. Multiple searches !
    2. An option to cancel a selected group of downloads or downloads in queued, paused, or more sources needed status.

Oh well

If you could only have two p2p programs what would they be?

I've tried a couple others but the were filled with spyware. I forget wich ones they were though. I mostly look for rare songs and wondered what would help.
    Thanks

Ghoulardi
    The 2 programs would beBittorent and shareaza
    Shareaza pretty good with it's own network and with emule/edonkey implemented as well, plus you can use all the verified hashes at sites like http://www.sharereactor.com

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    If I could only have 2, i'd choose k-lite and bittorrent !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12