Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Kazaa Lite

I was very let down when I just read the thread "Frequently Suggested Features"
    Besides the list below, most other suggestions will be pretty pointless too. Kazaa Lite isn't being developed on much anymore
    I was hoping the next release would have

1. Multiple searches !!!
    2. An option to cancel a selected group of downloads or downloads in queued, paused, or more sources needed status.
    3. Buddy list

Extra Search options / like filetypes, and Leech protection/prevention/banning
    would be nice to, but not as important as the top three, to me atleast.

Ofcourse Kazaa lite is the best p2p in my opinion but any of the options I, and many others have mentioned, would make it the ultimate. Mabey someday?

Ghoulardi

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ghoulardi@5 December 2003 - 21:34
    3. Buddy list
    Is it possible to add users to a list of favorites?

No, that is not possible. The main reason for this is that usernames on Kazaa are not unique. That means that there might be several people with the same username online. Using a Username and IP address combination also does not work, because most users have a dynamic IP, which means it changes everytime you reboot (cable/dsl) or everytime you dial-in.
    It is also not possible to change the system, so that usernames must be unique. The reason for this is that it would require a centralised login server to authenticate users. A centralised part of the network would make the network controlable, and it thus can be shut down. This would eventually mean that the network will be forced to shut down by court.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    3. Buddy list
    think bout it. theres 4000000+ users online 24/7. how da hell r u supposed to accomadate something like that without a central server? aim and msn mesenger all have a central server for all their users. kazaa doesn't.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Retired
    as it looks now there won't be a next version

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Double Agent
    hahahah dont frat

there will be new p2p networks

not to worry

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The possibility of a new version of K++ hasn't been great for a while now. The main reason is because Random Nut (the guy that made K-lite/K++ in the first place) has stated on many occasions that he is not going to make another version. It looks more probable that the next versions of Kazaa release by this forum/site will be the official Kazaa releases with all of the spyware/adware removed to make it cleaner (some of which can be found in the development section of this forum).

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    There are wayyy too many fakes and viruses on the Fasttrack network anyway. Like REALITY once posted a while ago, the FT network is practically dead. All of today's popular music are fakes made by the RIAA and all the software is viruses that create dummy files to share when a user is infected. It's time we all move on to a different network anyway. Even the people who do use it do NOT share, and many people I know removed Kazaa because they think they can get in trouble.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Retired
    Originally posted by downloader2008@5 December 2003 - 23:51
    There are wayyy too many fakes and viruses on the Fasttrack network anyway. Like REALITY once posted a while ago, the FT network is practically dead. All of today's popular music are fakes made by the RIAA and all the software is viruses that create dummy files to share when a user is infected. It's time we all move on to a different network anyway. Even the people who do use it do NOT share, and many people I know removed Kazaa because they think they can get in trouble.
    what do you think?

if there will come new P2P programs 'networks' THEY WILL ALSO HAVE FAKES!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+5 December 2003 - 18:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} @ 5 December 2003 - 18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-downloader2008@5 December 2003 - 23:51
    There are wayyy too many fakes and viruses on the Fasttrack network anyway. Like REALITY once posted a while ago, the FT network is practically dead. All of today&#39;s popular music are fakes made by the RIAA and all the software is viruses that create dummy files to share when a user is infected. It&#39;s time we all move on to a different network anyway. Even the people who do use it do NOT share, and many people I know removed Kazaa because they think they can get in trouble.
    what do you think?

if there will come new P2P programs &#39;networks&#39; THEY WILL ALSO HAVE FAKES&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yes, always, but for programs that are solely used for verifieds like Emule, Bittorrent, and Soulseek, fakes won&#39;t matter&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I understand about the buddy list idea not working now. I just added that in because I saw it in the list. Thanks for enlightening me.

The ones I usually wish it had are the other two
    1. Multiple searches &#33;
    2. An option to cancel a selected group of downloads or downloads in queued, paused, or more sources needed status.

Oh well

If you could only have two p2p programs what would they be?

I&#39;ve tried a couple others but the were filled with spyware. I forget wich ones they were though. I mostly look for rare songs and wondered what would help.
    Thanks

Ghoulardi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast