Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse On Mars

mouse on mars,probably not known by many...wich is a shame 'cause they make outstanding electronic music.It's not house,it's not techno.....but it's gooood(for those who like the genre)
    Anyway,I first heard of them on Mtv about six years ago.But I can't find that particular song anywhere.I looked all over the net,cd-stores,....k-lite,everywhere.
    The title of the song is 'members of mars' or 'life on mars'.I'm pretty sure it's one of those two 'cause when I saw them on MTV I wrote the names down right away.
    And yet nobody has ever heard of it So,i'll try my luck here.
    Hope somebody here has heard of it,or even better,has the album and is willing to share it with me.I just know it's out there somewhere...

2. Music   -   #2
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    check soulseek a p2p aimed at the elctronic market.

3. Music   -   #3
    i actually just did a search for you on slsk and found mouse on mars have albums called
    [0] Glam
    [0] iaora tahiti
    [0] idiology
    [0] distoria
    [0] vulvaland
    [0] agger itit it it
    [0] autoditacker
    [0] niun niggung

they are considered to be in the genre, downtempo-acid-jazz-electro.

4. Music   -   #4
    yes I know most of those albums but i don't think one of them will be it.
    The title of the album is 'life on mars' or 'members of mars'(probably one of their first) I'm not sure wich one is the name of the album title and wich one is the name of the song song.

And,I just went to soulseek to install it,but they're asking to call a certain number to activate it or something and I have to stay connected to the internet during that call.And that's a problem cause i can't use my phone and internet at the same time,eventough i should be able to 'cause i'm using adsl.(problem with my cable 'cause it's too long according to my provider )

5. Music   -   #5
    go here

the url you used is now owned by a german who has a dialer on it.

6. Music   -   #6
    Thnx a bunch!
    Now I just got to figure out how to use the 'soulseek'.
    But I'll manage.

7. Music   -   #7
    ask me on the client if you want, my username is the same as my name on this. exact spelling cos usernames are case sensitive. why not drop in the klf music world room.

8. Music   -   #8
    'nationalhijinx'.just subscribed myself to the board 'cause I'm trying to figure out how to share my musicfiles.I see next to my name in the klf room that I'm not sharing any files?It's not that many anyway,but that will change in the next few days.But i'm not going to ask here how to rip my cd's onto my hd.(I hate it when I sound noobish )
    I'll figure it out!

9. Music   -   #9
    download cd-ex
    this is by far the easiest tool to use for ripping your mp3's.

once downloaded go into settings and then remote cddb, enter an email address, (any one will do) and click the box at the bottom about automatically connecting to cddb. then go to the encoder option and change the default from 128 to 192. and you are ready for perfect ripping. if you want super quality rips use "paranoid mode" this makes it act like EAC and checks the files a few million times. also set the "mask" which determines how you tag your mp3's to include the track number.

i use. %1\%2\%7-%4

%1=Artist
    %2=Album name
    %7=track numer leading zero
    %4=track name

so my files look like

Artist\albumname\01 - song title.mp3

hope this helps. any questions just ask.

10. Music   -   #10
    Currently Downloading the file.
    Wanted to use EAC at first but this does sound a little less complicated.
    You'll hear from me if I get stuck or something.
    Thnx again anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast