Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explore

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    I dont know what happpen of the the sudden explore stopped working when i was surfing, I Did an ad-aware and spyware check in case there was adware, found a couple of things like n-case blah blah, nothing major i hope, so it removed it and still not working...

I there a way to uninstall and reinstall this? or other ways... IM using MSN explore now, typing this

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Opera as an alternate.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by DazedAndConfused@5 December 2003 - 17:41
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

Google™
    didn't work

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Have tried unistalling it through Add/Remove programs. What do you get you try to run Internet Explorer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@5 December 2003 - 17:56
    Have tried unistalling it through Add/Remove programs. What do you get you try to run Internet Explorer.
    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Go to Add/remove programs and select repair. It happens to me once in a while so this the remedy that I've experienced. Hope it will work for you.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    Ugh... n-case...
    That is bad... I had it, lol.
    It auto downloads onto your computer when you go to a site like cracks.XX
    I would not go there... also, go into C:\Program Files\ and there should be a folder called ddm. In there is a file called optimize, that is a trojan downloader. Run spybot search & destroy. It should remove it. Also, for me IE also stoped working when n-case was on my PC.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ZeroX9@5 December 2003 - 20:06
    Ugh... n-case...
    That is bad... I had it, lol.
    It auto downloads onto your computer when you go to a site like cracks.XX
    I would not go there... also, go into C:\Program Files\ and there should be a folder called ddm. In there is a file called optimize, that is a trojan downloader. Run spybot search & destroy. It should remove it. Also, for me IE also stoped working when n-case was on my PC.
    that n-case really killed IE for real, I like that browser, i dont use Mozilla or opara...

spybot hasnt found any more n-case, since that last scan i did, yeah i went to those crack sites thats how it happen, i really dont know what eles to try i done it all, if that is a way please let me know thanx

edit: i just removed the ddm folder, what next n-case there is any other folder, i done a search on google cant find any other way of fixin it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    press alt + ctrl + del and see if there's a process running wich is alot of numbers.exe then you have a thing called winpup! do a search for pup virus on google and click the first page that comes up...that should help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast