Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ati Radeon 9600 Pro, Or

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by adamp2p@6 December 2003 - 00:38
    If you guys have done any reading you would read the same thing over and over again.  Every review draws the same conclusion.  It does not matter which one you read it seems as there is no argument.

Yes, the 5700 ultra is a very powerful graphics chip.  However, it is not optimized for DirectX9.  Even though the core and memory for the geforce 5700 ultra are clocked far higher than the Radeon series 9600 pro and 9600 XT, and even though the 5700 ultra kicks ass in some benchmarks, it would do you well to read between the lines and see that the only benchmarks where the 5700 ultra (for that matter all of Nvidia's cards) fares well are the ones with little or no AA or AF.

In comparison to the Radeon 9X00 series, once eye candy is turned on (which is what gaming is all about) the 5700 ultra and all Nvidia cards totally suck ass compared to the lower clocked Radeons.

Personally, computer gaming I like to be as convincing an alternate reality as possible.  And ATI makes that a reality.  I am sorry Nvidia.  Maybe you have a shot to redeem yourself in Direct X 10?
    nicely said. in other words, ati rules! it's true. the only reason i got my gfx was cuz it's cheap. then i got the ati, and i'm happy. btw, do u think 20808 is a good aquamark3 score for my rig, adamp2p?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+6 December 2003 - 06:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 6 December 2003 - 06:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@6 December 2003 - 00:38
    If you guys have done any reading you would read the same thing over and over again.&nbsp; Every review draws the same conclusion.&nbsp; It does not matter which one you read it seems as there is no argument.

Yes, the 5700 ultra is a very powerful graphics chip.&nbsp; However, it is not optimized for DirectX9.&nbsp; Even though the core and memory for the geforce 5700 ultra are clocked far higher than the Radeon series 9600 pro and 9600 XT, and even though the 5700 ultra kicks ass in some benchmarks, it would do you well to read between the lines and see that the only benchmarks where the 5700 ultra (for that matter all of Nvidia&#39;s cards) fares well are the ones with little or no AA or AF.

In comparison to the Radeon 9X00 series, once eye candy is turned on (which is what gaming is all about) the 5700 ultra and all Nvidia cards totally suck ass compared to the lower clocked Radeons.

Personally, computer gaming I like to be as convincing an alternate reality as possible.&nbsp; And ATI makes that a reality.&nbsp; I am sorry Nvidia.&nbsp; Maybe you have a shot to redeem yourself in Direct X 10?
    nicely said. in other words, ati rules&#33; it&#39;s true. the only reason i got my gfx was cuz it&#39;s cheap. then i got the ati, and i&#39;m happy. btw, do u think 20808 is a good aquamark3 score for my rig, adamp? [/b][/quote]
    You should be able to get 30,000 abu. Can you overclock to the speeds of 9600 pro?

if you can you should be able to get at least 25,000 with the free test.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by adamp2p+6 December 2003 - 00:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 6 December 2003 - 00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@6 December 2003 - 06:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p
    @6 December 2003 - 00:38
    If you guys have done any reading you would read the same thing over and over again. Every review draws the same conclusion. It does not matter which one you read it seems as there is no argument.

Yes, the 5700 ultra is a very powerful graphics chip. However, it is not optimized for DirectX9. Even though the core and memory for the geforce 5700 ultra are clocked far higher than the Radeon series 9600 pro and 9600 XT, and even though the 5700 ultra kicks ass in some benchmarks, it would do you well to read between the lines and see that the only benchmarks where the 5700 ultra (for that matter all of Nvidia&#39;s cards) fares well are the ones with little or no AA or AF.

Personally, computer gaming I like to be as convincing an alternate reality as possible. And ATI makes that a reality. I am sorry Nvidia. Maybe you have a shot to redeem yourself in Direct X 10?

nicely said. in other words, ati rules&#33; it&#39;s true. the only reason i got my gfx was cuz it&#39;s cheap. then i got the ati, and i&#39;m happy. btw, do u think 20808 is a good aquamark3 score for my rig, adamp?
    You should be able to get 30,000 abu. Can you overclock to the speeds of 9600 pro?

if you can you should be able to get at least 25,000 with the free test. [/b][/quote]
    oh. those numbers are easy to get to. i&#39;m running on stock #s rite now. the stupid thing is ati built 9600&#39;s don&#39;t have a fan on the hs. that&#39;s really annoying. and i don&#39;t wanna go out and buy one. also, i&#39;ve tried the two good ocers, the radlink thingy, and that other one. ffor some weird reason, after i click ok, and open up advanced again, it&#39;s back at the same default clock settings. wtf?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+6 December 2003 - 06:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 6 December 2003 - 06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by adamp2p@6 December 2003 - 00:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p
    If you guys have done any reading you would read the same thing over and over again. Every review draws the same conclusion. It does not matter which one you read it seems as there is no argument.

Yes, the 5700 ultra is a very powerful graphics chip. However, it is not optimized for DirectX9. Even though the core and memory for the geforce 5700 ultra are clocked far higher than the Radeon series 9600 pro and 9600 XT, and even though the 5700 ultra kicks ass in some benchmarks, it would do you well to read between the lines and see that the only benchmarks where the 5700 ultra (for that matter all of Nvidia&#39;s cards) fares well are the ones with little or no AA or AF.

Personally, computer gaming I like to be as convincing an alternate reality as possible. And ATI makes that a reality. I am sorry Nvidia. Maybe you have a shot to redeem yourself in Direct X 10?

nicely said. in other words, ati rules&#33; it&#39;s true. the only reason i got my gfx was cuz it&#39;s cheap. then i got the ati, and i&#39;m happy. btw, do u think 20808 is a good aquamark3 score for my rig, adamp?

oh. those numbers are easy to get to. i&#39;m running on stock #s rite now. the stupid thing is ati built 9600&#39;s don&#39;t have a fan on the hs. that&#39;s really annoying. and i don&#39;t wanna go out and buy one. also, i&#39;ve tried the two good ocers, the radlink thingy, and that other one. ffor some weird reason, after i click ok, and open up advanced again, it&#39;s back at the same default clock settings. wtf? [/b][/quote]
    Have you installed the Omega drivers and is your system tweaked? I am going to bed. I have finals next week. I need to wake up early tommorrow and study.

B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by adamp2p+6 December 2003 - 01:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 6 December 2003 - 01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@6 December 2003 - 06:56
    Originally posted by adamp2p@6 December 2003 - 00:45
    <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p

oh. those numbers are easy to get to. i&#39;m running on stock #s rite now. the stupid thing is ati built 9600&#39;s don&#39;t have a fan on the hs. that&#39;s really annoying. and i don&#39;t wanna go out and buy one. also, i&#39;ve tried the two good ocers, the radlink thingy, and that other one. ffor some weird reason, after i click ok, and open up advanced again, it&#39;s back at the same default clock settings. wtf?
    Have you installed the Omega drivers and is your system tweaked? I am going to bed. I have finals next week. I need to wake up early tommorrow and study.

B) [/b][/quote]
    ok. wait, tomorow&#39;s sat isn&#39;t it? where do u live? i thought finals are on the weekdays. well, anyways, i&#39;ve tried the omega drivers, but it&#39;s the same thing, maybe i have to restart every time. plus, i really don&#39;t need to have crazy graphx until hl2 and doom 3 come out. for now, this card is way more than enough to play all the top games

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Thanks for all the help guys...this is the first time ive seen anything say that ATI is alot better..but I trust Adam so..ATI I go.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@6 December 2003 - 01:11
    Thanks for all the help guys...this is the first time ive seen anything say that ATI is alot better..but I trust Adam so..ATI I go.
    and u don&#39;t trust the loym? (lord of your mom). i stick with ati all the way.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    So ok...ATI is better at higher resolutions I hear..what does that mean?&#33;?&#33; Like I know what it means with monitors, but what with games?? Like the higher the resolution the more you can see or what?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@6 December 2003 - 01:18
    So ok...ATI is better at higher resolutions I hear..what does that mean?&#33;?&#33; Like I know what it means with monitors, but what with games?? Like the higher the resolution the more you can see or what?
    the higher reso, the higher quality the game is. try running halo at 640x watever reso, and compare that to running at 1280x # reso. a huge difference. in kotor, even more significant.

and u still don&#39;t trust the loym huh? (loym is abu, read the thing under my avatar)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Nooo of course i trust loym&#33; So the higher the resolution the better and smoother everything looks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast