Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Threads,unacceptable!

Poster
    Yes hobbes!
    I think you mist the point....what are there collective minds thinking of, to escape this one

Cheer's
    Tim

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by protak@6 December 2003 - 09:04
    Yes hobbes!
      I think you mist the point....what are there collective minds thinking of, to escape this one

Cheer's
    Tim
    Sure Tim, thanks for your support.

I think, big picture, that this is a topic which needs serious discussion amongst the mods.

PS: as a pissant member, I cannot start a poll!
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well i know how you feel one day there was shit being posted like where do you stick your fingers up your ass" do you wash your hands after you take a shit" I made a thread seeing all the crude humor in the lounge called "what do you do with your sperm" and it was deleted within 5 minutes but yet the other crap shit threads stayed

anyway i dotn care this is the INTERNET means shit to me

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Adster@6 December 2003 - 09:19
    well i know how you feel one day there was shit being posted like where do you stick your fingers up your ass" do you wash your hands after you take a shit" I made a thread seeing all the crude humor in the lounge called "what do you do with your sperm" and it was deleted within 5 minutes but yet the other crap shit threads stayed

So you have no problem that any MOD can delete your post on their own arbitrary criteria.

Silly posts can be just as important as a serious ones. We all just want to express ourselves and let it flow.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by hobbes+6 December 2003 - 18:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 6 December 2003 - 18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@6 December 2003 - 09:19

So you have no problem that any MOD can delete your post on their own arbitrary criteria.

Silly posts can be just as important as a serious ones. We all just want to express ourselves and let it flow. [/b][/quote]
    no hobbes I don&#39;t have a problem with them deleting my post however what I do have a problem with on that particular day was similar thread like that stayed the problem is the consistency of the mods which is what I have a problem with

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Code:
    Sure Tim, thanks for your support. &nbsp;
    No prob&#39;s hobbes&#33;&#33;
    I&#39;d like to here the excuse....um I mean..explanation of this.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by Adster+6 December 2003 - 09:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 6 December 2003 - 09:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@6 December 2003 - 18:25
    <!--QuoteBegin-Adster
    @6 December 2003 - 09:19

Silly posts can be just as important as a serious ones. We all just want to express ourselves and let it flow.
    no hobbes I don&#39;t have a problem with them deleting my post however what I do have a problem with on that particular day was similar thread like that stayed the problem is the consistency of the mods which is what I have a problem with[/b][/quote]
    Why should a thread be deleted and not just closed, with an explanation.

You must consider what the forum is about.

Do we want to protect members from any "evil posts", or are we here in the lounge, as adults, willing to trade ideas.

I don&#39;t want any corksucking mod removing a thread because he/she unilaterally decides to do so. That is called a "powerplay" or "censorship", not an incident of moderation.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Why should a thread be deleted and not just closed, with an explanation.
    Because Kid&#39;s just don&#39;t think straight nowaday&#39;s ... Do they??

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Double Agent
    hobbes i am not sure what you are trying to achieve by posting threads about race and skin colors. some other dude the other day started a "calling all indians" or whatever and that didn&#39;t go so well too

so why start something that you KNOW will end in name calling and flame wars? what message are you trying to get across?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    I hate to say anything in defense of some mods however,
    the blame is often misplaced.
    As it was when sharedholders threads disappeared from the lounge several months ago.
    No mod was involved and that was proved.
    The finger was pointed at me I&#39;m sure but the simple fact is that if an admin takes a disliking to you, if Paul thinks you&#39;re a pest,
    you or your posts will disappear without a trace.
    No explanation, no owning up, just gone.
    That position and power may now have been given to the mods, but it wasn&#39;t the case while I was there.

JFYI

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast