Thread: Dreamweaver Mx 2004

bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    I'm having a problem displaying the html code while using MX,

It has the design and code directly above work space, but when I click code, I don't get the entire document, just parts, and everytime I go back it's different parts.

Is there any other way to display the html in MX or is this is.
    I just installed it yesterday, until then I had still been using 3.0.

I think I may just have a bad install or something.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Mate its alot easier to learn and write it youself...honestly

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by ck-uk@6 December 2003 - 00:47
    Dream weaver is hella faster tho.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by ck-uk@6 December 2003 - 02:47
    I've been dong web design for about 6 years now, I know html, and various other languages, but it is by no means easier to do it by hand, (I remember doing all hard code for every webpage, it was a pain in the ass)

Dreamweaver is by far the easiest way to create a web sites.
    But it has it's problems, and will write code in a way that I don't want, or if I want to add css style sheets and different JavaScript’s, I need to go into the code, while I could do this in notepad, I’m used to just doing it while I'm creating the page in Dreamweaver, so this problem has thrown me all off.

Unless I get it to work correctly, I think I'll just end up going back to 3.0.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Well thats fair enough mate...I just prefer not even to atemp to to use programs like dreamweaver and photoshop etc...there not my thing mate.I just find it more enjoyable to do everything myself.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I started out, just doing it that way, but after a while, especially when some of the sites started getting like 30+ pages a site, I wanted the quick way out.
    And Dreamweaver does it for me, tried FrontPage for a while, and I don't see how anyone could use that god horrible program, its takes the code over, you never know what tags are going to end up in the source.

Dreamweaver lets you keep control, but still makes it easier.
    I don't see why you don't like to use Photoshop though, you are doing it yourself with it, good program, but it’s not a simple one, Photoshop takes a while to learn, and a long time to perfect.

ANYWAY, I still haven't got my problem fixed, so I guess its back to the older version. Ahh well, it's worked for me for years; guess I can still use it for years to come.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I had a problem navigating that thing too and I'd still rather use some of my other programs but they don't all do it by them selves, I gotta do a bit in each one.

Is this what you were looking for ?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by balamm@6 December 2003 - 04:12
    Is this what you were looking for ?
    Actually no that wasn't it, but I was wondering how to make it the full screen, so now I know. Thanks balamm.

But yeahhhh, I’ve did get my problem fixed, my problem was that all of the code was not showing up in Code view, just bits and pieces. Every time I'd click on the code tab, it would be different parts of the code from the page.

But I've gotten it fixed now, I uninstalled, and reinstalled, 4 times, and for some reason, now on the fourth reinstall, all the code is present in code view. I don't know what the hell the problem was, but at least it's working now. So I can stick with MX, although, the more I mess with MX, the more I'm thinking about going back to 3.0 anyway.
    I can't make up my mind if I like it or not.