Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: K-lite Shut Down

Double Agent
    Originally posted by N£MO+6 December 2003 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO @ 6 December 2003 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@6 December 2003 - 18:12
    How about making a pinned topic in this forum of all the new hosts? Then people will still be able to get it fairly easily.&nbsp;
    Thats a good idea. Guess it is upto Paul at the end of the day.

I hope we here from him soon. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s NOT a good idea. you&#39;d be putting the forum at risk of being shut down for linking to illegal host sites.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Its about 12 in the netherlands, so most likly paul is asleep.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+6 December 2003 - 22:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 6 December 2003 - 22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by N£MO@6 December 2003 - 18:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984
    @6 December 2003 - 18:12
    How about making a pinned topic in this forum of all the new hosts? Then people will still be able to get it fairly easily.

Thats a good idea. Guess it is upto Paul at the end of the day.

I hope we here from him soon.
    That&#39;s NOT a good idea. you&#39;d be putting the forum at risk of being shut down for linking to illegal host sites. [/b][/quote]
    But how can this forum be shut down? I thought it was hosted on a private server.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Yep kazaa lites gone from http://doa2.host.sk/ and the edskes mirror.

It&#39;s already been said with randomnut no longer supporting k+++ that there would be little development, Although there might be a cleaned up version of kmd but thats about it.
    I dont see sharmans trying to develop better fasttrack clients as they have clearly stated there focus is on there "legal" DRM(digital rights management) altnet.

I belive somtime in the future sharman network will attempt to shutdown the fasttrack network with an automatic update to there clients there by removing the majority of clients off the network.

I would recommend putting shareaza on the front page the gnutella2 network is far better for speed than slow emule.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Well, I would definately like paul to come in and let us know his take on this, many of us have been around here for ages, testing builds, and helping this place out.

For instance, whats this mean for future development, is paul, and RN stopping it?

Will they give out their source code for k++ or what have you, so that others may risk the wrath of developing new versions?

Are they continuing developing, and just not advertising, or putting out well known download locations?

Also, how much longer will 2.4.3 work, would a mere update by Sharman block out klite users, and if dev is continued, would the klite app be screwed after such update?

answers anyone?

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    The situation is a double edged sword though. Sharmen must die obviously, but right now only the RIAA and MPAA are in a position to do so...

Of course all 3 need to die.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    does anyone else think paul is being very hush hush about this. im thinking he has been told not to mention any details to people by sharman.

i would give it a while wait for the it to become clear what really happened then we can move on and come up with a few other ways of how to get k++ out there.

untill then i thinks its time for everyone to put it in there shared folders and maybe suprnova if anyone wants to.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by junkyardking@7 December 2003 - 00:30
    I would recommend putting shareaza on the front page the gnutella2 network is far better for speed than slow emule.
    Not to mention shareaza also includes Bittorrent and the Gnutella1 newtwork...hey even slow Emule/Edonkey is included...Im with you on that man B)

But this whole thing about K-Lite gettin shut down is BS, who does sharman networks expect to download that crappy spyware infested media desktop crap? How I see it, the only reason the Fasttrack network was surving this long against the RIAA was because of K-Lite users.

I say Screw the fasttrack network, since sharman newtork&#39;s wanna act like this. Nikki Hemming can rot in hell, Kazaa Is finished and it wasn&#39;t the RIAA that destroyed them, they destoryed themselves

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    who does sharman networks expect to download that crappy spyware infested media desktop crap?
    Teenie Boppers
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    I was reading an article in the zeropaid site that said that sharman was gonna shutdown this website.

You can go read the article your self if you want

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../12052003h.php

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast