Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site For Forum

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+6 December 2003 - 17:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 6 December 2003 - 17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@6 December 2003 - 12:05
    Get your own hosting and do it yourself.&nbsp;

The reason is that IBforFree somewhat limits you on some of the admin parts, InvisionFree being even more guilty.&nbsp; At least by installing and running your own board, you have complete freedom to do what you want with the board

I&#39;d recommend AS Hosting because of their free package which (besides a hell of a package ) included PHP & MySql which is needed for IPB.&nbsp; However, the only snag is that registrations are only accepted on Fridays 8pm GMT for an hour so you only just missed registering .&nbsp;

But if you can wait a week, definitely worth the freedom
    that looks ok but check this out globat and its 2 dollars cheaper plus a 50gig transfer [/b][/quote]
    Oops - I linked to the site in general :">

Here&#39;s the link to the Free Signups page - http://www.as-hosting-pro.com/signup.htm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Don&#39;t go for IBforFree. The website owner seems like he don&#39;t know what he is doing. Plus your limited to a lot of things. Like for one, you cant change your default skin. Meaning with those 30 something skins, you have the keep the IB one as default.

I like http://www.clicdev.com myself. I use it and i havent had any problems. Plus they offer you a subdomain. All for free.

Next best thing is to host it yourself.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Proboards is cool, i have a forum set with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12