Thread: Illegal Persian Dubs

renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    So I've known about these for years since i have been apart of the file sharing/Piracy community since 2012 but i have noticed that they have recently started to get a lot of new recent attention on places like YouTube.

In Iran most dubs of western media are done illegally in house they are very unprofessional and often times they make certain edits to them to fit within the laws of the country because these bootlegs are broadcasted on Iranian TV on channels such as IRIB TV2 and other channels and some are even sold on DVD as well.

Also i noticed in the second video below in the Persian SpongeBob music video/intro TVRip they are advertising bootleg Ipads at the bottom of the screen which is to be expected from them lol.

Have any of you guys here on the forum ever seen these before? I left some examples below.

Last edited by renhoek93; 04-12-2021 at 09:08 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    This is more or less the same thing that happened with American movies in the Soviet Union, except for the part about being broadcast on national TV?

In any case, Iran had a clone of McDonald's, since the real one won't step into the country due to sanctions and instability. Persian Spongebob was the logical followup
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by finchalex View Post
    باب اسفنجی (Bab Asfanji) is the title of many Persian dubs of SpongeBob SquarePants. The Persian version has many different dubs, from seven different channels, all unique in their own way. It is part of International SpongeBob SquarePants.

https://spongebob.fandom.com/wiki/%D...%20SquarePants.
    i found this while searching online. not sure of the legality of it though.

That quote is correct there are many different versions done by different studios and they are each aired on different channels even movies like Toy Story have 3 or 4 different versions of them in Persian.

Below are clips of different versions.

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    This is more or less the same thing that happened with American movies in the Soviet Union, except for the part about being broadcast on national TV?

In any case, Iran had a clone of McDonald's, since the real one won't step into the country due to sanctions and instability. Persian Spongebob was the logical followup

I like how they censored Sandy and put her in clothes because bikinis are bad in Iranian culture apparently and perhaps another reason they did it is because Iran doesn't want furries in their country as well LOL.
    Last edited by renhoek93; 04-14-2021 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

The country's government doesn't like any outside influence which is why in a lot of middle eastern countries there is a lot of copyright infringement that goes on and you see a lot of bootleg/counterfeit products and unlicensed stuff like this. Before the official Arabic dub of SpongeBob by Nickelodeon was released in Arabic speaking countries around 2005-2006 there was a illegal dub of the early episodes that aired on a channel called the Mickey channel in Egypt some of the editing choices they made in this are hilarious.