Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VPNs becoming mainstream

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    ProtonVPN is good because it's operated from Switzerland so it doesn't collect or give out data, plus it's unlimited. The downside is that without the premium you are going to encounter slowdowns . Been thinking about trying Bitdefender VPN as it's relatively dirt cheap, you don't need to sign up for a long term plan and it's torrent friendly.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Been thinking about trying Bitdefender VPN as it's relatively dirt cheap, you don't need to sign up for a long term plan and it's torrent friendly.
    A little tip... whenever they advertise "P2P support", make sure that actually means port forwarding... because it often doesn't
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    What about me possibly suggests to you that unless it involves either alcohol or ships that I know anything about ports, poindexter?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Well, Meg said something about you having a boy in every port...

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    You're pretty funny for a Sandinista.

6. File Sharing   -   #16

I wanted to be with the Marios Contras

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    If you live where governments monitoring their citizens who can't have free will to express their opinions or do internet censorship or companies making lawsuits because copyrights infringement like pirating. VPN could save a lot regarding privacy and other things like security and money.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito View Post
    If you live where governments monitoring their citizens who can't have free will to express their opinions or do internet censorship
    For those cases, I'd recommend Tor instead... it provides anonymity by design (as opposed to by policy) and its usage can be concealed via pluggable transports.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you live where governments monitoring their citizens who can't have free will to express their opinions or do internet censorship
    For those cases, I'd recommend Tor instead... it provides anonymity by design (as opposed to by policy) and its usage can be concealed via pluggable transports.
    True that, If someone uses tor he/she shouldn't use google's sites. And yes, he/she can use tor for everyday use, it is slower than any "normal" browser.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    True that, If someone uses tor he/she shouldn't use google's sites.
    Don't worry, the multiple captchas and blocks will prevent you from doing that in the first place. Same goes for a lot of stuff that's behind Cloudflare

And yes, he/she can use tor for everyday use, it is slower than any "normal" browser.
    I've had slow Internet service for a large chunk of my life, so I'm used to that. But for others, it will be a deal breaker. Also, good look trying to stream video better than 360p. Nonetheless, when it comes to online anonymity, Tor and knowing how to use it are as good as it gets.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast