Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VPNs becoming mainstream

Can anyone recommend a fast VPN with minimum 1GB speed?

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Of the names that usually find their way to "top fastest VPNs" lists, Mullvad and Nord are the most reputable, but I don't think any of them is able to offer gigabit or even near-gigabit speeds for a single user. If this is a dealbreaker, consider renting a dedicated server in the location of your choice and setting it up yourself (there are scripts to easily automate it).
    Last edited by anon; 10-14-2021 at 05:36 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Of the names that usually find their way to "top fastest VPNs" lists, Mullvad and Nord are the most reputable, but I don't think any of them is able to offer gigabit or even near-gigabit speeds for a single user. If this is a dealbreaker, consider renting a dedicated server in the location of your choice and setting it up yourself (there are scripts to easily automate it).
    Thanks anon i will check out those, and maybe read into how to setup own vpn if its easy i try it or else it will be a sub. vpn.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    https://github.com/StreisandEffect/streisand - was very good, but is no longer supported.
    https://github.com/trailofbits/algo - actively maintained, but only has WireGuard and IPsec.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Is PIA VPN still crap?

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Like Express and CyberGhost, they were bought by Kape, which is a very untrustworthy company to put it mildly. Beware of any VPN review and ranking sites that has them among their top picks - Kape also owns several of those.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    VPNs have been around since 1996. First crafted to protect the data transmissions of remote workers, they have been used widely in the developing world as censorship efforts like China’s Great Firewall have taken off.

Very nice
    Last edited by raja1; 10-25-2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    I use IPVanish and I really like it.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    I use IPVanish as well, but it lacks Port Forwarding feature. I have heard good things about MullVad but have'nt tried.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Surfshark also good, i use it daily and almost every time, feel safe browsing with vpn turn on.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast