Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap and double crap

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Everyone thinks they are the hero in their own story. If that were true then where are all these villains coming from?
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    My spirit animal is a 1991 Dodge Spirit. It's kinda shit but at least it's not something ghey like a Lada.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Everyone thinks they are the hero in their own story. If that were true then where are all these villains coming from?
    I think those who aren't villians are entitled to that, wouldn't you say?

I've always found villians eager to assume false motivations...

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    My spirit animal is a 1991 Dodge Spirit. It's kinda shit but at least it's not something ghey like a Lada.
    As I asked in the other thread (I forgot where I was posting), Idol - are you tribal?

I'm not, but I know a little about that.

I was married to an Ojibwa, and I live on the rez.

As a slight aside - here comes the "hero" thing - I played a small part in the story of tribal sovereignty/autonomy, back in the late 80s- early 90s...

Also, I never gave any thought to what I might choose as my spirit animal - probably because I feel a bit of an alien.

Maybe something like an extremely well-behaved but somewhat oversized wolverine?
    Last edited by j2k4; 04-25-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    For what it's worth, everybody I've corresponded with about it seems to have received the Moderna shot.

I'm 62, and I don't know what that means relative to availability, so the fact I haven't made up my mind about getting it is moot until someone tells me it's not, I guess.
    Whether you get the Moderna of the BioNTech shot depends more on the existing infrastructure than on availability or "what's better". Here it seems if you get your shot at a site run by a hospital you get the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, since they have the ultracold storage facilities that the vaccine needs/needed. if you go to your local Walgreens/CVS or supermarket pharmacy, you get the Moderna since that can be stored at regular cold temperatures. Anecdotally from my circle of friends, BioNTech seems to have slightly fewer side effects, so if you have the choice, go for that one. Ultimately, they are both the same so it really doesn't matter. In Texas you don't even need appointments anymore; they vaccinate anyone at any time (no residency required, either). Just walk up, get your jab and be done with it.

Felt a little off for a day after getting my first shot (Moderna); no side effects after the second.
    Last edited by Caballero; 04-25-2021 at 04:26 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    I think those who aren't villians are entitled to that, wouldn't you say?

I've always found villians eager to assume false motivations...
    I think people should try to do what they personally think is right and leave it up to everyone else to decide whether that makes them a hero or a villain.

6. Lounge   -   #36

As I asked in the other thread (I forgot where I was posting), Idol - are you tribal?

I'm not, but I know a little about that.

I was married to an Ojibwa, and I live on the rez.

As a slight aside - here comes the "hero" thing - I played a small part in the story of tribal sovereignty/autonomy, back in the late 80s- early 90s...

Also, I never gave any thought to what I might choose as my spirit animal - probably because I feel a bit of an alien.

Maybe something like an extremely well-behaved but somewhat oversized wolverine?
    I'm sorry that I didn't understand what you previously asked of me but your words were strange to me paleface.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'll send prayers and wishes hoping the Moderna (Slogan: 2nd best is better than a participation trophy, right? Right??) is good enough. At least it's not Johnson & Johnson (J&J slogan: Sure you'll still get Covid, however, you'll most likely live through it...).
    I hope Sputnik is at least in 4th place, as that's the one my mom got a few days ago
    Seems to depend where it was coming from. Apparently Sputnik is manufactured in different locations with no quality control, so the formula from plant A is not necessarily the same as that from plant B. Or it could just be saline.

Just had some friends from Mexico visit this week. They were telling some horror stories about the "vaccination effort" (using that term loosely) south of the border.

And yes, we got them hooked up with Pfizer.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    For what it's worth, everybody I've corresponded with about it seems to have received the Moderna shot.

I'm 62, and I don't know what that means relative to availability, so the fact I haven't made up my mind about getting it is moot until someone tells me it's not, I guess.
    Whether you get the Moderna of the BioNTech shot depends more on the existing infrastructure than on availability or "what's better". Here it seems if you go to get your shot at a site run a hospital you get the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, since they have the ultracold storage facilities that the vaccine needs/needed. if you go to your local Walgreens/CVS or supermarket pharmacy, you get the Moderna since that can be stored at regular cold temperatures. Anecdotally from my circle of friends, BioNTech seems to have slightly fewer side effects, so if you have the choice, go for that one. Ultimately, they are both the same so it really doesn't matter. In Texas you don't even need appointments anymore; they vaccinate anyone at any time (no residency required, either). Just walk up, get your jab and be done with it.

Felt a little off for a day after getting my first shot (Moderna); no side effects after the second.
    I get my first shot of something on May 12 if that is an actual date and the government isn't simply lying to me again. I couldn't be bothered to see exactly which as I'm not pregnant as of this writing.
    I don't get the second shot until Labour Day which is stupid because I read something on Facebook that the whole virus thing will be proved a hoax by then.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Either way I don't care. My main focus concerning COVID is if someone infects me, then find out who they are and murder them.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post

Whether you get the Moderna of the BioNTech shot depends more on the existing infrastructure than on availability or "what's better". Here it seems if you get your shot at a site run by a hospital you get the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, since they have the ultracold storage facilities that the vaccine needs/needed. if you go to your local Walgreens/CVS or supermarket pharmacy, you get the Moderna since that can be stored at regular cold temperatures. Anecdotally from my circle of friends, BioNTech seems to have slightly fewer side effects, so if you have the choice, go for that one. Ultimately, they are both the same so it really doesn't matter. In Texas you don't even need appointments anymore; they vaccinate anyone at any time (no residency required, either). Just walk up, get your jab and be done with it.

All good details to know, come time.

I again just tested negative for my pre-op prep, and when I asked about the shot, they said it's a wild-card they don't need, given I've got a mitt-full of them already.

Thanks!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast