Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Crap and double crap

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Remember you have to stay alive at least til we can have a l'chaim together, or life will not be complete for either of us

I'm not going to look that up, but will assume that is illegal in several states, but fairly common in Florida.
    It's both a Hebrew toast and the noise most men make when hocking up some phlegm. Sláinte,Jay too 'kay four.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    My solicitors say it might not be prudent to retire (again) and purchase property in Point Roberts, Washington State right now.

(Arizona... north of Phoenix might be better as I can't or rather detest mowing grass or anything else currently.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-13-2021 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Heath reasons have come back with a vengence! 6+ weeks and a wake up perhaps.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I was supposed to be comfortably retired 10 years ago.

I instigated events which foreclosed that possibility.

In any case, I'd probably still be exactly where I am.

Just wanna pull stuff together for a last extended run...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Sláinte,Jay too 'kay four.
    Thanks, Idol.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I was supposed to be comfortably retired 10 years ago...
    Yeah, it was actually 12 years ago for me... and then the strokes started for me j2k4... so i started renting my farm properties, (I called it whoring.), but I can't do that crap

anymore. Although 'medically' legal in my state and although liability covered... I don't need ANY hassles right now. It's all about health now for me.

Btw... I attribute FST, Meg, Idol, Cab, Anon and so many others for saving my sanity and other cool shite.

(But... say nothing to them... let them think I believe heads will swell.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-13-2021 at 03:57 PM. Reason: 2000 cotracted b menengitis.. I still thought I could reboot it... no to that 9 yrs later.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Btw... I attribute FST, Meg, Idol, Cab, Anon and so many others for saving my sanity and other cool shite.

The Universe is all about balance, Stehle so with each bit of your sanity saved Shay loses some.

I got my COVID shot yesterday and this is the truest story that's ever been told so nobody suggest I'm making it up but when Meg got his shot they told him it had to be intermuscular so which arm? And he reflexively just said give it to me in the ass.
    'Cause you know, he's a big homo.
    Not that's there anything wrong with that.*

* Written for legal purposes only.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    He told huh... I'm speechless now. {sigh}
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-13-2021 at 05:41 PM. Reason: ...BUT laughing my ass off inside!

8. Lounge   -   #68
    I was supposed to be comfortably retired 10 years ago...
    Yeah, it was actually 12 years ago for me... and then the strokes started for me j2k4... so i started renting my farm properties, (I called it whoring.), but I can't do that crap

anymore. Although 'medically' legal in my state and although liability covered... I don't need ANY hassles right now. It's all about health now for me.

Sounds like we could match notes, were we so inclined.

I need to stay alive a wee bit longer, cuz I'm having my eagle refinished tomorrow and I want to enjoy looking at him out the window as I recuperate.

It's not the least bit ironic to me I stumbled back in here just in time for my latest physical crash.

Times have been had, here, they surely have.

Speaking of which, it's time I got ahold of Clocker...

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

The Universe is all about balance, Stehle so with each bit of your sanity saved Shay loses some.

I got my COVID shot yesterday and this is the truest story that's ever been told so nobody suggest I'm making it up but when Meg got his shot they told him it had to be intermuscular so which arm? And he reflexively just said give it to me in the ass.
    'Cause you know, he's a big homo.
    Not that's there anything wrong with that.*

* Written for legal purposes only.
    Uncle Joe would be proud of you, and willing to commend you for your patriotism - country of origin aside, of course.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #69

Speaking of which, it's time I got ahold of Clocker...
    I'll plus one that. One of a handful of people over the course of this site's history that FST wasn't worthy of.

As for getting vaccinated and I studied Biology in university so I know a bit about how viruses work, even if you think the present COVID isn't "bad", we need to minimize of chances of a really deadly mutated strain arising. The best way to do this is by lessening the number of possible hosts.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Thank you for the post j2k4... I used to have a few philosophies on life... these quotes perhaps say it best...

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

And...

"Sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whiskey and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind but falling in love and not getting arrested." ― Hunter S. Thompson

(Truth be known, I rarely drive anymore and prefer Sippin Vodka (Belvedere) and a good top shelf Tequila... but that's just me.)

But now...

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

"I didn't mind getting old when I was young. It's the being old now that's getting to me." ― John Scalzi (Probably from his book series "Old Man's War"*)

I guess we'll all get it right someday... be well soon my friend.

*EDIT: A most Excellent series BTW!
    Last edited by Stehle; 05-15-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Always liked good ol Hunter S. Thompson quotes... Mr Gonzo himself gone too soon. R.I.P.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast