Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZBScout - Verified NZBs Indexer

Usenetfreak
    URL: NZBScout.com

NZBScout is a free NZB indexer with verified .nzb files for movies, TV shows and series, games, software, books, xxx and much more. The site is open for everyone, has no download limits and will be updated daily. The engines not only crawls nzbs but also verfies them to avoid fakes, corrupted or damages files or password protected archives. You can also use the integrated online download option to download files directly online through external service.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Maybe I am missing something here, but the search results seem to be rather, shall we say, limited. Not a single hit on "handmaidens tale" or "inbetween", for a quick test?

Not impressed.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Usenetfreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Maybe I am missing something here, but the search results seem to be rather, shall we say, limited. Not a single hit on "handmaidens tale" or "inbetween", for a quick test?

Not impressed.
    In truth, the site is rather new, it indexes daily about 1500 nzbs, has now about 90k indexed. It needs some weeks to get all good choice of all content. So give it a test in few weeks ;-)

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Yes, they need to buff up their collection, and it seems you're not allowed to search for anything that has spaces (but editing the query string to add + or %20 works).

Also, NZBs have an interesting comment at the bottom I'm hoping this sort of usage has been authorized by that particular source, otherwise the project may not last long. Hoping for the best, though, a public indexer with no daily grab limits is very welcome!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Tried NZBScout again this week and I have to agree its a bit limited but not bad.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    me too, just tried very limited availability. Too much graphics & lack substance

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Donator
    Quite difficult to search and organise the result.

At first, you think you can find something, and then you look for :
    - Y the last man, nothing.
    - Scenes from a Marriage, nothing.
    - The Great North, nothing
    - The Walking Dead World Beyond, nothing

and then you stop searching

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    nothing too new

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Every single nzb I've checked from nzbscout has been old and has been stolen from nzbgeek. In my opinion the site is nothing but an advertisement for the paid "nzbreader" service. Click the "download online" button instead of the "download nzb" button to see what I mean. And the nzbreader site has a FAKE nzb "importer" that shows the post being downloaded to 100% before prompting with a paywall - even for posts already taken down across all backbones.

In fact, I suspect they may go out of their way to only grab old nzbs from nzbgeek that are likely to have already been taken down to make their nzbreader site (with fake 100% download progress) look like a viable way to download the files.
    Last edited by whodunnit; 10-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Every single nzb I've checked from nzbscout has been old and has been stolen from nzbgeek.
    See post #4. Since I don't have an account on Geek, I'm happy I can get at least some of their stuff, but chances are they won't be too pleased about it...

In my opinion the site is nothing but an advertisement for the paid "nzbreader" service. Click the "download online" button instead of the "download nzb" button to see what I mean. And the nzbreader site has a FAKE nzb "importer" that shows the post being downloaded to 100% before prompting with a paywall - even for posts already taken down across all backbones.
    You've never seen an advertisement disguised as a download button before?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast