Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most NZBs not working lately...

Howdy,

I've been noticing that a vast majority of the NZBs I've been pulling down lately, are failing. Some work - but most of the movies seem to fail. Same setup and configuration - Using NZBGet as well as SabNZB.

Most fail with an incomplete or too many articles missing.

Using Giganews as my provider.

Has anyone else seen this or noticed? Is Giganews going downhill or cleaning up binaries?

Just looking for anyone that might be experiencing the same thing.

Thanks!

Appreciate the site and posters.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    That's a Giganews issue. I dumped them a long time ago because of completeness and retention shortcomings.

Something has changed in the way releases are posted; the vast majority of shows and movies seem to be posted as MKVs/MP4s directly to the newsgroups these days rather than as RAR files, and very few come with PARs anymore. So having a reliable provider is more important than ever. If I was you I'd look at alternatives.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Cowboy answering my Howdy, nice.

Thank you very much for the response. I was kind of leaning that way. Will make that switch and see how it goes.

Much appreciate you taking the time to give some input.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    That's a Giganews issue. I dumped them a long time ago because of completeness and retention shortcomings.
    Interesting, considering they advertise guaranteed availability on anything covered by their amazing retention period of 3 years

Something has changed in the way releases are posted; the vast majority of shows and movies seem to be posted as MKVs/MP4s directly to the newsgroups these days rather than as RAR files, and very few come with PARs anymore.
    The former change is welcome, the latter not so much. Anyway, I've personally found Usenet.farm to have the lowest amount of missing articles, but what you want to download is also a factor.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Guaranteed availability unless they execute take-down notices. And they are pretty quick about it. And it's probably not something you'd want to complain to them about.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Just closing the loop here.

Cancelled Giganews.
    Turned up Newshosting.

All green. Same one I tried to pull down earlier today that failed, now works.

For those experiencing the same issue with Giganews, my fix was to move after years of using them.

Thanks again for the input.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I've been on Newshosting for more years than I want to admit, I've never had any problem with them. The only time I had any frustration with them that I can recall is when take-down was in it's early stage.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Guaranteed availability unless they execute take-down notices. And they are pretty quick about it. And it's probably not something you'd want to complain to them about.
    Doesn't matter. They're a US company. If Lordcyric is a US citizen, he's one deceptive advertising lawsuit and good lawyer away from making a million dollars
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Anybody using the websearch of Easynews and can recommend it ?

Would like to know, if it's possible to find obfuscated files with it like it has been possibble with the SuperSearch of NewsLeecher.

Cheers,
    Baldur

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    Would like to know, if it's possible to find obfuscated files with it like it has been possibble with the SuperSearch of NewsLeecher.
    It's hit or miss... If the files have been posted with their real name inside a obfuscated archive, then you might be lucky. If the file names have been renamed to something like gr15r4sht7lk98fr67asd.mkv then chances are you won't find anything when you are searching for "Jungle Cruise".

Old releases are still there and I want to say websearch will find them; new releases not so much unless you know the exact file name you are looking for.

I like Easynews just because of their retention and completeness, but thee days I would not subscribe to them specifically or only because of the websearch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast