Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fav Aussie Cars And Why

My favourite car has got to be the VB-VC SL/E Commodore.

I love the interior and the rear lights and i used to have one and i really loved it. I had plans for that car but it didnt happen .

I spent heaps of money on it.

I dont really like the Commodores above the VN models because the bodies are just too damn big.

So whats your fav Aussie car and why ??

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by neattairoski@6 December 2003 - 17:00
    My favourite car has got to be the VB-VC SL/E Commodore.

I love the interior and the rear lights and i used to have one and i really loved it. I had plans for that car but it didnt happen .

I spent heaps of money on it.

I dont really like the Commodores above the VN models because the bodies are just too damn big.

So whats your fav Aussie car and why ??
    im not sure whats a aussie car but, my fave is a prowler it's so smooth and comfotable i rode in 1 about a yr ago man i loved it

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mad Max's car B)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@6 December 2003 - 18:21
    Mad Max&#39;s car B)
    yeah that was pretty kick ass.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    mmmm.... Holdens&#33;

The classic 1966 HR is an old favorite of mine, I love all the chromework and the body lines

LC and LJ Toranas are nice, The A9X and The SLR 5000 kick ass too.. Mucho potential in a small package.

The new HSV 427 Monaro rocks my world, just because of it&#39;s sheer power.... It was fantastic watching Peter Brock and Nathan Pretty leaving all those Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraries in the dust during the Bathurst 24 Hr.

edit:
    3rd Gen - Mad Max&#39;s Car was a heavily modified Ford XC Falcon Coupe.
    Theres a bloke who lives near my house who&#39;s built a replica of it.
    It&#39;s funny watching him and his wife fill the trunk with shopping after a trip to the local supermarket.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    well.. i have a VP Commodore and i love it&#33;..

Sports Blue,
    Automatic
    Gas Conversion
    Cruise Control
    Electric Windows
    Electric Mirrors

wonderful comfort when driving long distances... actually it just about drives itself...

Holden&#39;s better than Ford&#39;s any day&#33;

(anyone know what started the Holden v Ford thing in the first place... did it have something to do with Bathurst?... )

7. Lounge   -   #7
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@6 December 2003 - 16:31
    The new HSV 427 Monaro rocks my world, just because of it&#39;s sheer power.... It was fantastic watching Peter Brock and Nathan Pretty leaving all those Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraries in the dust during the Bathurst 24 Hr.
    doesn&#39;t that have a &#39;Vette engine though? :-"

plus it doesn&#39;t seem fair to compare race cars...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@7 December 2003 - 03:04
    Holden&#39;s better than Ford&#39;s any day&#33;

(anyone know what started the Holden v Ford thing in the first place... did it have something to do with Bathurst?... )
    It was started by Holden and Ford (and chrysler/valiant to a lesser degree) during the early 70&#39;s.

The idea was to win at the race track on Sunday and that would effect a marketing/sales win at the dealerships on Monday.

Since then it&#39;s kind of snowballed.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@6 December 2003 - 18:31
    Yeah that was so damn cool

I had no idea that the racing monaros were that powerfull.

But still, i dont like the bulkyness of them. My sister Beat the shit out of this Senator in her Nissan Skyline r33 left it for shit while in 3rd gear

The Senator was heard backfiring while slowing down and all. He didnt have a chance

My sisters Skyline is about 410HP

See if that senator wasnt so bulky, it MIGHT have had a chance.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+7 December 2003 - 03:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 7 December 2003 - 03:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-uNz&#091;i
    ,6 December 2003 - 16:31] The new HSV 427 Monaro rocks my world, just because of it&#39;s sheer power.... It was fantastic watching Peter Brock and Nathan Pretty leaving all those Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraries in the dust during the Bathurst 24 Hr.
    doesn&#39;t that have a &#39;Vette engine though? :-"

plus it doesn&#39;t seem fair to compare race cars... [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t know if it was sourced from the corvette, all I know is that yes, it&#39;s a Chevy block.... but Holden is a branch of GM, after all.

I think Holden did a superb job making such a brutal car handle as well as it does... the fact that it&#39;s competitive on a world class level is the icing on the cake.

Oh, and it is available in limited numbers to the public, so it&#39;s not just a race car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast