Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the first hollywood you have seen ?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I think the first movie I ever saw was probably at a Drive-In too. Can't say exactly what it was though. Shame economics put and end to most of them as they are great for kids.
    Anywho....
    I agree. I'm one of the lucky ones who's drive in near me is still up and running. It actually closed it's gates a few years back due to lack of attendence(people pirating the movie instead). and the community of the city rallied with some cash and the owner was pretty much forced to reopen. And it's doing great too.
    Don't know what you got and all that....

Anyways there's no way I can remember my first movie. But the earliest I remember is Beverly Hills Cop. Either that or Pinocchio.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Drive-Ins are still viable in small towns or rural communities but the fact that they are limited to one showing a day and take up a lot of land make they basically money pits in larger areas unless Bill Gates is willing start funding them.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Okay, here was a Drive-In classic I remember my older brother dragged me to see...

This scene I remembered...

The lines he teased me with after consisted of... "The RING, the RING, where is the Sacrificial RING!?"... "Professor Foot Juice!" and a heavily accented, "Have you checked the wash basin?"

Good times... he'll make it to at least 80 years old... soon.
    Last edited by Stehle; 07-16-2021 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Yeah... we still have a Drive-In thriving about 10 kilometers away... $10usd a carload!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    The drive-in near my town was showing XXX movies on Fridays and Saturdays after midnight. The theater was near an industrial park with lots of parking spaces and room for trucks; so all the local pervs lined up across the street with an angle that allowed them to look over the fence at the screen. No sound, but I guess nobody cared.

Or so I am told, at least.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

I'm one of the lucky ones who's drive in near me is still up and running. It actually closed it's gates a few years back due to lack of attendance(people pirating the movie instead). and the community of the city rallied with some cash and the owner was pretty much forced to reopen. And it's doing great too.
    Jimmy Stewart didn't happen to be involved in all this, did he?

@Caballero. There use to be a Drive-In many years ago about a mile from where I lived that backed on some city land that was rarely used except for harness racing on the weekend and four days every year when the fair came to town. Far as I know they never screened anything bluer than Barbarella but the story went that all "bad" kids from school watched many a free movie from there. Can't say that I was never tempted but lying in a field getting eaten by bugs to kinda see a B-movie just didn't have enough appeal to get me to ever follow through with it. Que Sera.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

I'm one of the lucky ones who's drive in near me is still up and running. It actually closed it's gates a few years back due to lack of attendance(people pirating the movie instead). and the community of the city rallied with some cash and the owner was pretty much forced to reopen. And it's doing great too.
    Jimmy Stewart didn't happen to be involved in all this, did he?
    Actually... the Its a Wonderful ... reference... sailed right by for a second...

(...but just a second.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    I just flashed to that scene from the Hangover 2

"there's a reason they don't call it Bang-Cunt.."

And if you're lucky then the god's a she
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Drive-Ins are still viable in small towns or rural communities but the fact that they are limited to one showing a day and take up a lot of land make they basically money pits in larger areas unless Bill Gates is willing start funding them.
    Bill Bezos is too busy with the 5G vaccine, he doesn't have time for this.

Speaking of which, you'd think drive-ins would have seen a resurgence with all this social distancing stuff
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Lounge   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I saw the '76 version of King Kong in the theater, then a few months later got to see the original Star Wars. Great time to be a 5 or 6 year old!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    The Crow.

It's one of my go to movies every now and then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast